Sonic Electronix

ok my truck runs at 13.3 volts my alternator on its last leg i know... :shrug:

but will i notice a big difference in my voltage if i get this big 3 done with already? and hopefully it will be healthier on my amp :pardon:

also anyone have any clue how much power it takes to completely full power ur aq 1200d ?

Doing the big 3 will not necessarily give you better voltage, but it will give you better power flow. The main point to doing the big 3 is to make sure you are able to get every drop of juice your alternator can supply, as well as to have it all ready in case you buy a high output alternator. It is something that should be done because it can help but isn't going to make miracles happen.

You shouldn't have any trouble running an AQ1200 on stock electrical unless your car has a small alternator. At most you should need a bigger battery.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

lol small is a understatement to my 60 amp toyota stock alternator that is on its last leg so i doubt it even puts out 60 amps. also im running 1/0 ga knukonceptz wiring but still my voltage drops so much

im not looking for a gain in voltage , just not as much voltage drop

for ex. i run 13.3 volt when bass hits it call go under 12volts which isnt healthy on my amp so im wondering if big 3 will stop my voltage from dropping so muchhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

X2 autruche!!

My explorer went from 14.1 to 14.7 volts by doing the big3 , also , voltage drops went from 13.1 to 13.5 volts, so i honestly think it worth the small time and money you need to do it,

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Running the big 3 will NOT remove voltage drop. Especially on an alt as small as that. You get voltage drop from over drawing the alt. Thats going to happen wether big 3 is done in stock 8 ish gauge or done in solid copper 1" rod.

Edit: DO the big three! Don't get me wrong it is important and almost essential. Just acknowledge that your gonna have drop until you up the alt powa!

Edited by EclipseChris

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Exactly, just helps you a little bit to not dropping that much, once again, i gained 0.4 volts at full tilt,but that´s about it!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Want to get rid voltage drop? Upgrade your battery and alternator with the big 3. /thread. Lol

But just as others says, upgrading the big 3 will provide more power flow as autruche said. It's like this, between a water hose and a straw, which one will have a faster flow? The water hose being 1/0 wire and the straw being your factory 8 or 4 ga. Wire. I know I got that from somebody here be credit to him, who ever you are. Lol. And BTW, ADD onto it when doing the big 3, don't remove any wires

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

im not saying im looking for a big gain just instead of dropping 1-2 volts maybe dropping 1.5 volts or 1 volt instead like a little increase so that .4 volts would mean a lot since i almost drop under 12 volts at times..

and if you all check out my build log a 220 amp alternator is already in mind from mechman full adjustable and cased with everything for $500 just not money i have right now if you read my build you will understand why.

Edit: but thanks everyone for your opinions.and i will definitely be doing the big 3 to my truck some time. but if you all could drop by my build log and put your input in to where i should upgrade. that would be nice. :drinks:

Edited by Relyks

if you dont have the electrical to keep up with your current demand, even if you do the big 3 you will still have voltage drop...

get your electrical up and you wont have voltage drop..

thats the only way to stop voltage drop... the only way....

get the alt, a extra batt if you can.. and you are golden...

hell adding a extra batt will help out some, not alot but some

Edited by Team_DC-Derrick

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones