So, I got a text tonite asking if I built up some 18s, and that there is a post about subs I built having a glue joint failure, lets see the video......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DSYUiEgMyCs#at=338

That was a nice video, kind of frustrated me a little bit, because I do see how there wasn't a glue bead on the bottom side of the triple joint. Bound to fail, I know this myself.

No, like any other manufacturer, I have had problems with builds. Who doesn't. I know some of the best speaker customizers, and manufacturers screw up every now and then. I personally screwed up two times majorly, and I admit it. With Vic99, I built him a pair of 15s, he said the impedance was fluctuating, and smelled. I also used the wrong coil. I think he wanted D1s, I might have used D2s. Come to find out the fluctuation in impedance was these terminals I bought. They had wings on them, and finally after about 1 year, I realized they swiveled, and caused a connection issue. My old job sold me these terminals, and they never told me why they didn't use them till a year later. Now I know, and I would never use those terminals. I went to solder type post, and ring terminals, the best terminals.

Then about a year and a half ago, I had faulty dome glue, a few speakers went out with domes popping off, I fixed this issue...

I sold a recone kit to a member here, it was for a RE MT. I personally never had one of these to recone, so I had him gather some info. He told me the old coil was a 3.33" OD, I used a 3.31" OD to be on the safe side, built it, shipped it with a frame, assembled the kit as a Quad 1ohm, 4 terminals, all new... Coil didn't fit, it was to big. I refunded him the money on the kit, and shipping. I did fight it for a day, because the money wasn't in my paypal to refund him...

Refunded, done deal

Now tonite, with these 18s

I'am honestly lost where they came from, but bottom line is, in a hurry to set the coil right, when 5min epoxy is setting on the spider landing, it slipped my mind about the bottom glue bead, and I would have shipped out new recones. That isn't a problem.

So lets say I sold well over 100 subs online, and local over the past 5 years I been solo, and away from my old company, I would say closer to 150 subs.

2- 15s

2- 18s

Late on shipment a few times

a recone kit I did my best to make sure fits, totally via internet, and hearsay

Lets say 10 instances for shits and giggles

10 issues

140 no problems?

I run a horrible business huh?

I also help people out a lot. Not just hobbyists, but 3 manufactures that I know of, I helped out 3-4 other fellow reconer guys, which one is doing really good, he does great work, and lives local to me. We try not to compete, and do our business on opposing websites usually. But bottom line is, and yes I'am ranting, but 6.6% failure rate isn't that bad when you put in consideration the field this is, beating the hell out of speakers using thousands of watts, pressure built up in these cars.

In the video he said he is waiting for the haters, to me Brian is clearly the guy hating, I'am sticking up for myself, and my work

Pics to come, I have like 4 Photobuckets to go through....

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Hell man, even after seeing that- I still think you offer some kickass stuff. Like this 12 I've got here....:drinks:

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

that sucks man... Good luck with whatever you're doing OP!!!

Pioneer Premier P880PRS ll Front Stage: US Acoustics 4060 - Random speakers currently ll Sub Stage: Crescendo BC3500D - 15" Xcon sealed @ 3.28 cubes ll Electrical: - Kinetik HC1800(front) NEW***DieHard P-2(rear)

beaker- I know this sounds like a lot of anime bullshit, but it is true.

Iam assuming this is the 18 from the video, should have been a pair....

The surround is soft because thats the way its supposed to be, a very low end, low Frequency subwoofer, soft suspension- NOT a SPL subwoofer AT ALL- More like Psychlone woofer

DSCN2605.jpg

DSCN1839.jpg

CCAudios bad ass 18" fully custom water jetted spider bolt down clamp, and direct leads

DSCN1918.jpg

Oldschool Billys 15s from Yuba City- 2000watts rms all day for 2yrs and counting

DSCN0018.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

1059623227_photobucket_26262_.jpg

1059623227_photobucket_26260_.jpg

DSCN3347.jpg

Recone kit drop ins for some InHuman 15s. Red is from the cone mold- manufacturer- Notice a bottom bead there?

Custom DDs

DSCN3005.jpg

Thats a few subs I built up

Not to Mention Madvibes old 18s, and his new 18s with about 10,000rms to the pair, and Psychlone runs of 151.7db from a trunk car, not bad

So, just defending myself here, hard to be judged by a internet blogger, and not allowing me to defend myself on a forum I'am not a member of lol

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

It is the first pictured woofer that looks like them. 2 of them, with shocker symbols on the dust caps.

You might want to look at my review here. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/109427-foreverbumpn-and-resko1-rebuilt-woofers-reviewed-blown-and-tore-apart/ And also check the other 2 videos.

Also the original guy that sold the pair of woofers on caco said.

The motors are from sundown Z1's. The soft parts were just stuff that forevrbumpn had in stock that fit what I was trying to do.

My vehicle is not spl oriented like you claim. It is a low end monster peaking at 33hz. With a pair of woofers that are rated for 1800rms each there shouldnt of been any problems.

After all a pair of Fi BL 15s with no options besides flatwound coils have no issue in the box being used with 18inch spacers to fit the holes, and they are only rated for 1000rms each.

Im not trying to get money out of you or anything like that. I just did an unbiased review.

And I know you built those woofers since you used the same Rockford cones that Resko1 did (which he got from you).

I searched your photobucket for any pics for a name and date, but had no luck. Tho I did download the 6 pictures of these subs, and looked at the photo properties which said the photos 5/8/2010 with a CoolPix L16 v1.1 , not the "over or atleast 2 years ago as you stated".

picturesdate.jpg

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz35/audiofanaticz2/picturesdate.jpg

PS: I end a lot of my videos with "Hate on Haterz", Just a little FYI.

Here is the full video of the teardown of the woofers pictured in your photobucket.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyAezfgJ74Q

Here are the 6 pictures from your photobucket.

DSCN2594.jpg

DSCN2607.jpg

DSCN2606.jpg

DSCN2605.jpg

DSCN2604.jpg

DSCN2603.jpg

Here are a few pics i took of the woofers you built 10minutes ago after I pulled them apart.

2011-05-20031201.jpg

2011-05-20031346.jpg

2011-05-20031414.jpg

2011-05-20031405.jpg

for some reason the shockers are very discolored.

meh why so defensive, nothing I saw is out of the the ordinary. hell I've gotten psi recones with the wrong spiders on them. I'd be more likely to order from the guy with little to little glue than the one that lied about spider count and only used 3 screws

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

If you watched the video that is 18minutes long, you will see I was implying that your triple joint glue job was horrible, as well as the spider landing (which your pictures dont show). the spiders that came right off the former from a poor glue joint.

Also If you watched that video, you will see that I said you did a nice job under the dust caps, as well I was happy to see you used all 6 bolts to attach the basket to the motor, unlike the subs resko1 built.

I gave PROS and CONS of both of you.

For someone that brags about building speakers for over 20 years for massive companies I would expect a professional looking glue joint.

Hell these are not even my woofers, I was giving these to use, before the new owner got to use them, and I blew them. Partially to do because of the spiders that came off the former, partially because I dont believe these are actually rated for 1800rms each like I was told they are. Which means I over powered the hell out of them.

If these woofers where actually built to be 1800rms each, or even 1000rms each with quality glue joints, they would not have failed. The 1000wrms bl 15s took the same amp, same settings for over a week! And so did the previous mayhems I had in there (but are rated at a much higher wattage).

Also, Why did you use a vented former, only to glue the spiders over the vents on the former????

What a stalker...

You also haven't read what I said in your thread, The shocker stickers I got about a year ago from MrP maybe about 14months ago or so. So lets say the subs are from 8 months to 1 year old. I said I dont know. I build speakers for a living. As of December, I have been working on my own, and rely on speaker sales for bills.

These are NOT RF cones, I got these from my old boss. They are the same cone die and surround die my old company uses. The surround is soft because its a Low FS cone, 13hz around there. This sub I believe had a Fs around 22-25hz. It was meant to play tuned low, for low bass - Not a SPL woofer

Maybe that is the coil problem? should have been tuned at 22-25hz, yet was in a 33hz box?

I'am defending myself, yeah, No problem there, correct?

As I stated, out of about 150 subs I built, I missed a glue bead, opps, my bad. If the original owner came to me, I would have warrantied them no problem. But YOU made a huge deal on multiple forums NOT to buy from me based on 1 slip.

I know what glues to use, I know what parts to use, how to match up parts, and engineer a speaker. I have been doing it since 2001 professionally.

Everyone makes mistakes right? No one is perfect right?

If there is, I want to meet them

The last part, I commented about your video, about haters

I'am not hating, you are. I'am defending. I have a pretty good reputation, and then I get a text about this BS...

As RenoSlap said, that other thread is a Member Bash thread the way you say everything. Sure unbiased, but rubbing it in, and making a huge deal over this- Its the words, and manner you say things

I have no problem warranting stuff, no problem at all. But stuff like this, what you post, the shit talking, and non stop internet stalking, and thread starting is pretty redicules lol

sundown.jpg

That's a respectable success rate, and the fact that you have made them right in the end is also so ethnic to be noted.

I don't think it's too fair knowing that he was aiming to destroy them.....

Who cares about the 15 fi...... :shrug:

The mad max woofers you built for mad vibes are legit as fawk.

I've head nothing but good things about your woofers until now, and I don't think this is a fair test of their abilities.

It's pretty much like putting a jet engine on a vw bug. Obviously it's going to destroy it.......

:popcorn::pardon::popcorn:

I hate long signatures....

...what the fuck is wrong wiht you you fucking fuckity fuck fuck head...

Mtnbikecrazy55 Feedback