Sonic Electronix

Got Fi Q 15" Want somethung louder (DC?) but can't upgrade power, T1500.1

It was my first box, and I really don't like hearing that I should remake it...very saddening. Anybody wanna buy a box for a 15"? LOL

Port can't be changed. It's a 3" aero and I couldn't even use the foot long pipe it comes with because my port had to be super short. It's just a flared end with a coupler to the other flared end.

Google it

with as much room as the aero took up... why not slot port it?

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

There is your problem mate, you need a ton more port area. Let someone on here design you a new box, because it sounds like you are in need of a rebuild :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

What's your port? Is it one 3" aero port? There's your problem. You need a new box. I would do ~4 cubes net volume, 65^inches of port area and tune to 33-36hz. Torres calculator will help you make a box design and plenty of people can be willing to help design it correctly.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Damn, so nobody recommends the aero? LOL my first box! Fuuuuuuuuuccccccc

I don't think it's that anyone is necessarily against Aero ports. The problem you have is that you just have way too little port area. I have a Q15 and I tuned it to 27 Hz with a slotted port because I love the lows. That small of a port area you are practically choking your sub. I know it sucks to have to redo the box but it makes the biggest difference having the correct port area, enclosure, and tuning to get the output you are looking for.

I trust you guys so I will do it, but obviously I suck at this. I can build it to be indestructible, but I guess I don`t know the theory behind it. I played some test tones and the high 40hz`s were the loudest. J-Lane, with yours tuned so low, where do you peak?

Google it

Archived