8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

I've heard good things about Mobile Tech, and thought about it long and hard, & decided it wasn't really worth throwing down the money. Everything I've learned about stereos I've learned on my own (with the help of the forums :pardon: ) plus I can take the MECP test locally, so why bother? I'm already "gifted" in basic electronics knowledge, and I guarantee I know more than 95% of anyone that has had any involvement in stereos, including my own dad (and he's got a Master's in Engineering. :yahoo: )

If you want to go to school and learn every little tidbit of mobile electronics, go right ahead. Everyone's different, choose what you want.

POTATO!

not trying to crush your dream but...

don't do it, keep hobbies as hobbies. installers make shit for cash, and you won't be doing all of these cool instals your thinking of. you better learn how to tint, install alarms and remote starts. cause that is what you will be doing for most of it. maybe some times you will get to screw some subs in a prefab and throw it in the trunk but that's it

my advice is go for a job that makes decent money and leaves time for you to do hobbies on the side

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

you can go to a vocational school to get your CET (Certified Electronics Technician). Then take the MECP exam. fabrication can be learned either on the job or at a school like Installer Institute or Mobile Dynamics

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Let me tell you a little story. There once was a young kid who eat dreamed slept 12 volt car audio. He needed a secodn job to help pay for his cool toys so he applies at a circuit city roadshop. Gets hired. realizes that its not nearly as much fun to do a system their then on your own. Completely kills the drive to work on anything car audio related. This was me about 7 years ago. Now my motivation is gone. At first it was cool adn I learned an immense amount about just about every aspect except fiberglassing but I never had any desire to work on my own car after dealing with customers all day and spending hours jammed under the dash of a car doing an alarm remote start. we always had idiots for installers that could do a deck and four and if you were a good installer you were doing the alarms and remote starts video systems etc.

In other words. if you like it as a hobby keep it as a hobby.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Let me tell you a little story. There once was a young kid who eat dreamed slept 12 volt car audio. He needed a secodn job to help pay for his cool toys so he applies at a circuit city roadshop. Gets hired. realizes that its not nearly as much fun to do a system their then on your own. Completely kills the drive to work on anything car audio related. This was me about 7 years ago. Now my motivation is gone. At first it was cool adn I learned an immense amount about just about every aspect except fiberglassing but I never had any desire to work on my own car after dealing with customers all day and spending hours jammed under the dash of a car doing an alarm remote start. we always had idiots for installers that could do a deck and four and if you were a good installer you were doing the alarms and remote starts video systems etc.

In other words. if you like it as a hobby keep it as a hobby.

Truth. You`d be surprised how fast you get sick of something when you do it every day 9-5.

Try look at all the courses available, like for me, next year im going to college studying multimedia and sound technology, basically in the end I could work in television, radio, audio production, work in a music studio, plus everything I learn about audio production will help with car audio side of things I can do in my spare time, In my opinion its better to go for a subject that touches on your interests but isnt directly them. I think you should pick a course that`ll give you the knowledge instead.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

not trying to crush your dream but...

don't do it, keep hobbies as hobbies. installers make shit for cash, and you won't be doing all of these cool instals your thinking of. you better learn how to tint, install alarms and remote starts. cause that is what you will be doing for most of it. maybe some times you will get to screw some subs in a prefab and throw it in the trunk but that's it

my advice is go for a job that makes decent money and leaves time for you to do hobbies on the side

i hate to say it, but after 10 years installing, this guy is right. People only pay shops to do the shit they can't.

God damn its hot today. My balls are stuck to my leg.