Second Skin Audio

What's wrong with this sub?

sounds like a glue joint is either broke, or glue dripped some place and is hitting

just pull it out and check it over

i dont think ive ever seen you post something useful

its already out of the box, what else is he suppose to do? if hes asking this question, he wont know what to look for

OP,

you can easily get a recone for this sub, HOWEVER, I don't know how much money you have into it so you might just be better off buying a different sub all together

Thats not the bass son that's the vc bottoming out the motor structure is gone....

Sorry had to quote the local best buy saying it was the bass I've had a solo x do that after I got the re cone it stopped when I opened it I saw markings in the basket signifying that there was mechanical damage

I know for sure It's not bottoming out. What should i do? Is it fixable? Is it worth it or is this thing a paper weight, I've never heard this particular clicking noise before

1. learn how to quote

2. if you dont know what you are talking about, dont give advice like you know what you are talking about.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Cheers for posting the vid OP,

Im new to this so wouldnt`ve had a clue what that clicking sound was either but now I have an idea thanks to people sayin what it could be,

Hope you can get it sorted man ^ ^

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

stop playing with little subs man.. hit me up ill give u a deal

haha homie you always talking shit lol This lil 10 was for my home theater, I'm poor folk. I just got a job though so I'm gonna start upgrading soon don't even trip

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

Could be tinsel lead slap?

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

Could be tinsel lead slap?

... no... not even close to being a tinsel. how would a tinsel slap hard enough to make a snapping noise when you push the sub with your hand, both up and down?

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

sounds like a glue joint is either broke, or glue dripped some place and is hitting

just pull it out and check it over

i dont think ive ever seen you post something useful

its already out of the box, what else is he suppose to do? if hes asking this question, he wont know what to look for

OP,

you can easily get a recone for this sub, HOWEVER, I don't know how much money you have into it so you might just be better off buying a different sub all together

well I could thing about you as well so I guess that makes it true :shrug:

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

and OP it sounds exactly like my old sub that had glue where it shouldn't be and was clicking because the glue would move and rub against itself. look under the cone make sure there is no glue in there it will be obvious where it should and shouldn't be

if that is all good then there might be something in the gap

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

I had a similar probel with my T3 subwoofer and after having someone look at it he told me it wasnt any rattling or a tinsel led slap after looking at it he concluded that because I may have run high pass through it a few times it had ruined the voice coil, maybe thats what happened here. :shrug:

Basshead-in-Training