A-Pillar Staging

Autruche

I'd only be shutting them off to be focusing my staging back to where I want it. Basically, I'm going to have a killswitch for each amp in the car, as well as one master killswitch to turn them all off. The car is going to be my daily driver, but I also want to be able to do ridiculous demos and distance tests.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

The tweet is alot better off axis.

Towards opposing headrest works well

That's what I thought, thanks. Does mid

Aiming matter near as much, I.e. Kicks vs glassed doors or do you rely more on timing and processing for mids?

I like mids about 15deg off axis as far away as possible from driver seat.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Ray ... I'm running a 2 way passive ... For a 2 seat judging vehicle ... With NO processing or time alignment ...

How do you have yours set up ... The way the op is suggesting his system, he wants the whole world to hear it ... Not just the drivers seat ...

Op, don't take this the wrong way, but I do not see how that setup you are suggesting will stage and image ... Not with driver location and aiming ... Just too much going on there ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My comments were to tonedeaf.

I run 3way active with ta.

Mid tweet on dash on axis.

Car is a crx

Midbass high on door

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Thanks for all the info guys. As far as my setup I have 4 pairs right now, and I haven't been able to find out how loud they can actually get yet. I was working to do 8 pairs total (48 drivers) but I am just going to be seeing what I can get out of what I have now. If I am satisfied, I probably won't get anymore. Time will tell on that one.

It would suck to have done so much work on the doors and turn out that I was satisfied with what I have already, basically rendering the doors useless, but at least it was good practice at glassing.

Again, thanks for the input.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

:drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

• 3 months later...

I would try this with one set of speakers before adding the second set. Multiple speakers can really screw up your imaging at times. I would take a set and play with the aiming before locking anything in. Some speakers will like to on axis and others will play fine off axis. You really cant tell until you listen to them. I recentley heard a pair of full ranges fired at the windshield and it sounded incredible. I have heard others try it and it sounded like crap.

Archived