Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

I really want to see how a 50' spool of CCA and reduces = the cost of 50' of OFC. I'm all for arguments but that is incorrect.

Yeah, I agree too

Ots about voltage drop. I'd rather do 2-3 runs of OFC to carry the amount of current I need than have to do 4-5 runs of CCA to accomplish the same thing. Once you factor in the costs of fuses, grommets, terminals... Whatever you need for the extra CCA you'd need to stack up against ofc, it doesn't end up being any cheaper.

Some people use cca because one run of OFC is not enough, but 2 runs of CCA is plenty. So it become less expensive to go that way, because either way, they would have needed two of everything.

Screenshot_2013-03-13-12-16-49.pngLow ballers maybe I should've edited out his number... Oh well

^^^^^^ This or when you tell them the price and they show up short. Either you better hit up the atm or GTFoutta my driveway....

Build log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/166486-alexs-02-intrepid-budget-build/

2 12" SKAR Audio VVXv2 d4 @ 1ohm

vvme qa-d1500

Pioneer Head unit deh-8400bh

2 Kenwood KFC-1693PS 3-Way 6.5"

2 stock sail speakers/tweeters (Infinity premium stock)

Polk Audio DB351 3.5" (upgraded from a factory 2.75" speaker or something weird like that dremeled to fit)

2 Sony Xplod XS-R6944 6" x 9" 4-Way's

I really want to see how a 50' spool of CCA and reduces = the cost of 50' of OFC. I'm all for arguments but that is incorrect.

Yeah, I agree too
Ots about voltage drop. I'd rather do 2-3 runs of OFC to carry the amount of current I need than have to do 4-5 runs of CCA to accomplish the same thing. Once you factor in the costs of fuses, grommets, terminals... Whatever you need for the extra CCA you'd need to stack up against ofc, it doesn't end up being any cheaper.

This is what I'm talking about. Use 10' runs and I want to see your math :)

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I'm not making this an argument for CCA but I always hear after terminals, grommets, and fuses it comes to almost the same cost of the OFC. If two runs worth of grommets and fuses cost $100 you're doing something wrong.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Some people use cca because one run of OFC is not enough, but 2 runs of CCA is plenty. So it become less expensive to go that way, because either way, they would have needed two of everything.

Thank you! Finally someone said it! It all depends on how much current you are drawing vs the price of cca or ofc wire. If it makes you feel better go ahead and buy the ofc. It honestly doesn't matter if your system is about 3000 or less. 2 runs of cca will do. Again if you want ofc and can afford to pay the slight extra, get it. But like it has been said many times, it will round out to the same price for large systems but less wire with ofc.
[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:2223]

CAFForumSig_zps376518ed.jpg?t=1364077982

SD, thank for the input. I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . .

Not the point of the convo... if you are using CCA you're cheaping out on wire. Using larger CCA and a reducer will just bring back up the cost to the same or more than the correct size OFC...

If you want to max out electrical you're not gonna use CCA and aren't as concerned with cost.

I would never use cca for my amps or speakers

is the Audio Technix hybrid stuff CCA or something dferent

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Not the point of the convo... if you are using CCA you're cheaping out on wire. Using larger CCA and a reducer will just bring back up the cost to the same or more than the correct size OFC...

If you want to max out electrical you're not gonna use CCA and aren't as concerned with cost.

I would never use cca for my amps or speakers

is the Audio Technix hybrid stuff CCA or something dferent

30% ofc, 70% cca, it's was built to carry as much current as 1/0 ofc, by being the size of 2/0 but cheaper than 1/0 ofc, it's a middle priced wire

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Archived