Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

Putting the lowest line of MB Quarts subs in a LAMBO! SMH! :WTFBubble:

http://www.westcoastcustoms.com/showroom/celebrity-builds/?album=3&gallery=88

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

awesome looking car but those subs smh

750??! Yeah, fuck that. Fuck this website, fuck SMD, fuck Steve, fuck all of his butt buddy mods, and their couches.

^ DON'T BE A DICK LIKE THIS GUY :)

Team Subsonic Lows

awesome looking car but those subs smh

I know right and this build is supposedly for Chris Brown! Get Breezy some real subs! :roflmao:

2010 Mazda 3s 2.5L

Pioneer DEH-X9600BHS

Knu OFC 1/0 

SS Platinum AGM / XS Power XP750

Alpine PDX F-4 / Morel Maximo 5 + Coax 5

IA 10.1 / SSA XCON 12 

that company does good work but every time when it comes to audio they use the lowest line of the worst brands ever

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Awesome car, ugly ass paint job. I honestly would rather drive a purple lambo than that.

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

cost of all of the equipment.

This is one of those things that gets at me. The cost of gear has dropped so much over the past 15 years that its more affordable than ever to get a system going. A decent deck in the 90s was $300minimum. A 800 watt RMS amp was $2k and was also 2feet long, and 1k amps were almost unheard of. I have a pretty tame setup for today, but back in the 90s it would have been beastly, and cost 3x as much.

/rant

more affordable than ever if you buy it from walmart.

A good 5000wrms system will set you back around 5 grand today +- few grand.

Let's just talk gear.

90s

HU $300 (Entry level CD Sony/Pioneer no mp3s, one pair 2v preout , wtf is a remote control?)

Mids/Highs - MB Quart entry level components $400

Crossover, 3 way (amps didn't have built in filtering back then) $300 ($200 bargain basement)

75x4 for front stage, $400 (dollar per watt if you're lucky)

5K in amplifier power. US Amps or Orion, not much else that'll do that much power, 800watt "Black Beast" $1700 street ($1800-2000 retail) x6 $10,200 just in amps

Subs, Orion XTR 15s (coils could handle 800 watts but suspension really couldn't, but let's over power them) $350 (bargain basement, 1 per amp)x 6 $2100

and subs back in the day didn't do what today's DC/AA/Fi/Sundown subs could do.

Let's not even talk about wood / wire / batteries / bass processors, etc and you're at $13,700 Just in gear.

On the flip side, today's offerings of similar or better quality (this is arguable, let's talk apples to apples here, gear has gotten better and cheaper, especially subs and amps)

Basic HU, let's take my wife's DEH-P9400BH, 6ch 4v outputs, HD radio, 2 usb, mp3 playback, built in HPF/LPF $150 on Amazon

2 sets of entry level components, polk DB 6.5s, $220

4 channel amp, Soundstream Reference ( my 90s DREAM AMPLIFIER) 70x4 $189

5k of amplifiers, 2 Soundqubed 2200, $439x2 $868

4 Obsidian 15s, $800 shipped.

again no batts/wire/wood

$2227

Much louder system, less subs, should be doing 150s daily if box built right. Not doing 150s with the 90s setup. In the 90s you weren't getting much for $2300.

Ahhhh.. I remember buyin one of the first "Pull Out" CD Players.. it was right at $400.. I scrimped and saved to put together a hugh system when I was younger..

Consisting of a..

Precision Power A1200

Precision Power A300

Precision Power PAR225

Audio Control EQT's (2 of course)

MB Quart Component's

(8) MTX Black Gold 10's (Don't know what I was thinking)

Ahhhhh.. it was expensive back in the days just because.. really.. there were not that many "Quality" manufactuers out there.. Orion, Rockford, Precision Power, Linear Power?? quality equipment now a days

is somewhat expensive, but overall the mid range equipment (Which is better than the good stuff back in the days) is still affordable.. I competed in USACi and in local shows about 5yrs ago.. and dropped 3.0K

on just two amps back then.. I feel there are more choices now.. then back in the day..

Getting this Mike Singer Alternator. I see how stable my voltage is full tilt.. and think: Damn, I could run so much more power safely now.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

fucking alternator whine. I had no issues for about 6 months. Then boom. What. The. Fuck.

Checked all arounds on amps, nothing was loose. Checked the connection at battery, snug as it has been. Checked the chassis ground in rear. Still covered in paint and shows not signs of cracking or rust.

Checked all RCA's on HU, snug mofos (knu)

guess I'll have to pull the hu. It's a kenwood so I was assuming I wouldn't have issues with alternator whine.

I just had my Kenwood do the same thing. It was also right around 6 months old. This was the higher end single din unit that I believe was their best other than the double dins. I took it back to best buy and they gave me a new one. No more noise at all. That was the third Kenwood I've had an issue with in the last two years. I'm starting to loose faith in Kenwood lol.

Archived