Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

The fact that i don't exactly know what true "SQ" is, and yet it bothers the shit out of me when people use the term "SQ" when they more than likely have no idea what they're talking about. in other words... i piss myself off sometimes.

I'm assuming "SQ" is another term for "High Fidelity", cause that's a term used alot in the home audio world for best sound reproduction.

Possibly something like that. Like i said i don't fully understand it. lol

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

The fact that i don't exactly know what true "SQ" is, and yet it bothers the shit out of me when people use the term "SQ" when they more than likely have no idea what they're talking about. in other words... i piss myself off sometimes.

I'm assuming "SQ" is another term for "High Fidelity", cause that's a term used alot in the home audio world for best sound reproduction.

In most cases people think that SQ and PA is the same thing.

Well, that's the way I thought it was before :)

Broken equipment. My headunit and 4-channel are both in for warranty.

Damn dude when it rains it pours...

I hate waiting on subs to ship :pardon:

Yep, h/u first. Then blown lvl 6. Then channel goes bad on my 4-channel. AND I'm waiting for a sub to ship, too.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

In most cases people think that SQ and PA is the same thing.

Well, that's the way I thought it was before :)

Well PA to me is trying to be loud, and clear, for like concerts or parties, doesn't need to have as much fidelity since people in parties don't care much for detail, they just wanna hear the music, and the concerts produce their own sound since they aren't playing record songs.

When I think of High Fidelity, I think of large loud speakers on 2 channel amps, which was big from the 70's to the 90's, which can range from simple Polk Audio bookshelfs on a Fisher/Kenwood/Sony/Pioneer 2 channel amps to Wilson Loudspeakers on McIntosh Vacuum tube amps, which is known to produce such a real sound, the speakers disappear, and you can close your eyes, and feel like your in the music, not just hearing it.

So when I think of SQ on car audio, I think of having that goal of reaching that same experience, where you reached such a level of fidelity, that you're not only hearing music, you're in the music. To achieve that would probably be the most difficult thing in the world to do.

That's how I look at SQ.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

What pisses me off about it, is when the terms are used at the mist general possible. Like they SQ when they mean sound good and SPL when they mean loud.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived