Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

when you're up under the dash in a tight spot you squeezed into and your balls itch, so you have to wriggle your way out to satisfy the itch4,

You know it's happened to you guys once before.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

i just spent 6 hours today, 4 hours last week doing a install on a 97 ws6. the kid (against My wishes) bought 2 jl w7 tens ($275 for one $300 for the other) 2 jl 500/1v1s. ( what he listened to) was he bought a really nice pioneer flip out touch screen, a nice 0g wiring kit with two 4g distro out, lots of deadner(still need install) he also bought all speakers front And back ten speakers all together. as i said just spent 6 hours finishing the subs amps and a few speakers. we get in and i start showing him what everything does. it's his first system(not bad) explaining what a hz Is what the gain does blah blah. crank the volume and it sounds good... kinda. i pop the trunk and... are you fucking kidding me? the one jl w7 he bought (that came with the amp that had maxed out gain and boost) was Blown. well not Blown but coil rub. it sounds good at full volume but low its all.hear. i just felt so bad! he called the kid saying he wants his money back cuz its on its way out. the kid said you've had it for Two weeks and it worked fine when i had it! then hung up. that pissed me off. so what started As a great day doing what i love turned into me wanting to find and hurt someone!

no i was not with him when he bought anything,.or this wouldn't have happened

IMG_20140301_175856_476_zps3bdb5143.jpg

speaker wire is now hidden.

i hated watching all his excitement just wash away from his face!

Why the tiny port?

The W7 needs a lot bigger port, especially if you are tuned below 40hz.

On topic:

People who say: for X amount of money it's not that bad. Or : I only asked him x amount of money for that install, could've asked much more. (then show pictures of the install and it looks horrible, not even worth half of what he asked..)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Order something only to be refunded... and find out the company who makes it forgot to reorder

No 1 But me paid for this stuff and NO FREEBIES so no brand names (No Free Advertisement )

A SQ head unit

6 5.25

2 X 6x9s

P400.4

4001D

1 34s (Maybe time to change brand)

4 X 15" s

!/0 @ 2/0 OFC Wiring

:morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1: :morepower1:

ill say it like i always say it. F##K the DD-1. I don't care if you or anyone buys one. (well i do, but that isn't my point) Get an O-scope in the very minimum and learn how to use it or you are just guessing your settings like every other noob. :) once you master the O-scope then step up to a DD-1 or even better a DD-1 Plus.

The amount of people that think they can rely on box rise.

Most people that mention "rise" should stay away from amplifiers and subs. I find relatively few know how to take it into account properly.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

i just spent 6 hours today, 4 hours last week doing a install on a 97 ws6. the kid (against My wishes) bought 2 jl w7 tens ($275 for one $300 for the other) 2 jl 500/1v1s. ( what he listened to) was he bought a really nice pioneer flip out touch screen, a nice 0g wiring kit with two 4g distro out, lots of deadner(still need install) he also bought all speakers front And back ten speakers all together. as i said just spent 6 hours finishing the subs amps and a few speakers. we get in and i start showing him what everything does. it's his first system(not bad) explaining what a hz Is what the gain does blah blah. crank the volume and it sounds good... kinda. i pop the trunk and... are you fucking kidding me? the one jl w7 he bought (that came with the amp that had maxed out gain and boost) was Blown. well not Blown but coil rub. it sounds good at full volume but low its all.hear. i just felt so bad! he called the kid saying he wants his money back cuz its on its way out. the kid said you've had it for Two weeks and it worked fine when i had it! then hung up. that pissed me off. so what started As a great day doing what i love turned into me wanting to find and hurt someone!

no i was not with him when he bought anything,.or this wouldn't have happened

IMG_20140301_175856_476_zps3bdb5143.jpg

speaker wire is now hidden.

i hated watching all his excitement just wash away from his face!

Why the tiny port?

The W7 needs a lot bigger port, especially if you are tuned below 40hz.

On topic:

People who say: for X amount of money it's not that bad. Or : I only asked him x amount of money for that install, could've asked much more. (then show pictures of the install and it looks horrible, not even worth half of what he asked..)

did you not read my post?

i Told him not to buy any of that garbage! i have no idea why he bought that pos box? it sucks big hairy ballz! i did the best i could with what i had in front of me. that's how he wanted it to look not me. to Me he wasted $1,000 but hey it's not my car. if it was mine the amps would be hidden or at least on a nice amp rack and id either build a box for the ttop spot or build it into the rear seats. prolly the rear seats. don't Blame me for doing what he wanted. and i did the kid a favor by charging him $150 for a flip out install, 0g, 5 Pairs of speakers, 80sq ft of deadner, wiring and installing his subs,amps, and doing his big 3. to do that at our local shop would cost him $275 just to run the wires and $85 a hour for everything After that. plus they tune by ear and scratch the shit out of your car.

if anything this proves you can't shine shit!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Pulling speaker wire thru doors. And routing wires so they dont get hung up on anything in the doors.

On 3/28/2014 at 4:22 PM, KyLar96 said:

Its all about the music anyway..... Do a proper install, something your happy with, Fuck everyone else...... improve in time, where you can..... its not rocket science...

Tiburon build //www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/174059-97-hyundai-tiburon-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-slow-5k-build/

2000 Mountaineer build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186736-2000-mountaineer-build-from-ramming-to-slamming-part-iislow-5k-builddc-audio-americanbassxspowersingerarcaudiostingershcavideo-on-pg7/

2000 Mercury Mountaineer: Electrical:Singer 360 hairpin powdercoated white alt, Big 4 double run 1/0 SHCA OFC, 4 runs 1/0 OFC SHCA, limitless 70ah, HU: Pioneer deh80prs interiors: Skar sk85.4 on sb acoustics neo dome tweeters 2 Mmats sq4100s on 4 silver flute 8s(4ohm) SUB Stage: 3 DC5K [email protected] on 6 ascendant audio mayhem 12s d1.4s fully loaded

Archived