Jump to content

Project: Mini meade - 4 BTL 15s, 2 sundown saz-4500s, **Tearing sheet metal**155.6+db outlaw and climbing


Recommended Posts

Posted

oh and updated pic, it was all in and playing, but i have some issues. nothing bad, just something I need to trouble shoot, and didnt have time to do so at the comp on saturday, but I took 1st in the 149.9 Bassrace class, and two other firsts from the other classes I ran too.

2011-06-06181757.jpg

2011-06-06175109.jpg

 

 

Posted

I'm digging this build. A big setup that will get big numbers on not big power. Who designed the box? Not built, but the design itself?

2012 Honda Accord

Radio: Pioneer AVH-4200NEX

Posted

just noticed the Wides inside the "wide" port :ehh:

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

so what did you end up hittin wit these last weekend brian?

It kinda failed, only gained a few tenths on the meter after going from 1 amp at .6ish ohms to 2 amps at 1.3ohms.

but the subs where bought for the motors only, and Ryan said they where dual 1s, when they are actually dual 2s after I was talking to him today, and he looked on the receipts for the recones when he had the subs. So there should be a HUGE jump in numbers. :drink40:

damm this is sweet !! And the box does kinda look like steves hahah

Hence the "mini" part, the btls, but only 15s not 18s, and less power, less alts (only 3, with 1 being stock currently), and less batteries.

I'm digging this build. A big setup that will get big numbers on not big power. Who designed the box? Not built, but the design itself?

Its all me, design, build, wiring, install, etc. I do my own work. :)

Mmmm... Big port is BIG.

Its actually on the small side for the size of the box.

just noticed the Wides inside the "wide" port :ehh:

LOL :yahoo:

 

 

Posted

Also just got done doing a lot of work this night, strapped amps, redid some ring terminals, re wired a little bit, cleaned up the batts a tad and put new stickers on them.

The batteries after about 6 years of use..

2011-06-06190810.jpg

After I cleaned them up, and put a new sticker on them.

2011-06-06194821.jpg

2011-06-06212159.jpg

Some free wires I got to replace some others, tho they where crimped I thought they where kinda shitty crimps done, and went ahead and done some soldering to them.

2011-06-06215412.jpg

Was out of thick solder so I had to twist some tiny stuff together in my drill

2011-06-06220115.jpg

Shouldnt put this pic up, Mechman will just call it a "spaghetti mess of wires again", but oh well.

Which is fine for the paid sponsers of this site to bash users, but you will get banned if you question them why 4 of their alternators all failed, and they gave you every excuse, saying your batteries are junk and yada yada yada..... but yup still using the same batteries with DC Power alts and ZERO ISSUES!

Theres really not much you can do when you only have 2 rear batteries, no bussbars or distro blocks, and have 4 runs of positive front to back and 3 runs negative front to back, and then needing 4 positives and 4 negatives for the 2 SAZ-4500s, and I almost forgot the 2 positive jumpers and 2 negative jumpers from 1 battery to another.

Its called making do with what you have...

2011-06-07021136.jpg

and after I started cleaning it up a tad, the 8 zip-tied wires are the power wires for the amps that go under the seat.

The 2 pairs of 4gauge wires are my speaker wires........

2011-06-07030512.jpg

Got more done, but didnt take to many pictures because I worked the night away.

I also have a hair trick attempt from Saturday before I re-wired the amps and everything, and Ill try to get another one after its playing sometime today or tomorrow and make a before/after video, but Im in no hurry.

Also thanks to CapallaSS/Jesse S for the loaner amp!!!!!!! :drinks:

 

 

Posted

Check my Sig. Was that Mechmans response to you? :trippy:

You got a LOT done. Those batts look brand new from XS lolz

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Sexy build is sexy. So ive been up all night and didnt read everything so I mightve missed it...but these are being reconed to 18s and a new box will be built for them in the near future? Also, port interchangeable? I need to look into how you folks do those...how do you seal them? Just rubber gaskets? :peepwall:

Posted

Check my Sig. Was that Mechmans response to you? :trippy:

You got a LOT done. Those batts look brand new from XS lolz

Yea, they do, just wish I had the bigger stickers for the fronts, but when I talked to Scotty for new front stickers they had none at the moment.

and yea, the one in your sig dated Oct 21st 2010... Lawls

Funny thing is if you look at my videos, I have a video uploaded on Oct. 16th 2010 and had the box finished. So I was called out on a unfinished box that was finished..... LoL

I think its kind of an Accomplishment to get 19 power wires all 0/1gauge except for 4 that are 3/0awt and 4 4gauge wires on 2 batteries/4 terminals. and to make it worse, having the 2 terminals only inches apart from each other. LoL

Sexy build is sexy. So ive been up all night and didnt read everything so I mightve missed it...but these are being reconed to 18s and a new box will be built for them in the near future? Also, port interchangeable? I need to look into how you folks do those...how do you seal them? Just rubber gaskets? :peepwall:

the 15s are bought for the motors only, so if they end up blowing they end up blowing. Two of them are sold to my buddy that got screwed over on some custom built subs, but until we order recones Im going to have some fun with them.

Once they are recones, Im going back to my old box, and Ill probably throw this box on Craigslist locally for sale.

The port is removable and can be cut shorter, or I can build another one longer for lower tuning yet if i want.

Its just screwed in with 8 Spax screws, and since the box is just mdf that is not painted the 8 screws holds it very tight against the box with no gaps.

 

 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 347 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...