Second Skin Audio

Free Box Designs

412 CVX

Common Port walls should be 'zero'.

good catch. i didnt see that

it doesn't change anything though. for me anyways. i think the calc assumes that round ports never have common port walls

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

a local guy had a box similar to your nightshade box, that same 45 you have in the design lost on the TL after construction of that 45...never assume 45s are needed or will garner a gain

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

a local guy had a box similar to your nightshade box, that same 45 you have in the design lost on the TL after construction of that 45...never assume 45s are needed or will garner a gain

yeah i read about that in the SPL gains topic somewhere. i more or less did that to take up space in hopes that it might direct the airflow a little better. in hindsight i could've done a lot more with that box. it was kind of rushed.

needs a lot more bracing. should get rid of the space beside the port so air doesn't pool up in there. hell, maybe even go 1" thick mdf all the way around the box.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

the box for the 8's, the port in the middle is 6", so when it splits off it should be 3" instead of 6". just pointing that out for future boxes

wow, how did i not see that?

:facepalm:

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

could you design something for me please? subs will be two dc level 4 15s amp will be an audiopipe ap3000d max dem. 49w 50l 25h 2000 chevy tahoe subs up port back displacement is .26^ft each id liek to keep it tuned low but still be musical so what ever youd recommend for that

head unit - pioneer DEH-P5100UB

subwoofer - nothing

speakers - powerbass components

amp - nothing

hoe.png

could you design something for me please? subs will be two dc level 4 15s amp will be an audiopipe ap3000d max dem. 49w 50l 25h 2000 chevy tahoe subs up port back displacement is .26^ft each id liek to keep it tuned low but still be musical so what ever youd recommend for that

sounds good! i'll probably get this done tomorrow sometime

More box builds

I'm with captain stupid.

As Much as I love torres and think he should get a car audio nobel prize for his box program I curse him at the same time.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

the part that sucks about it, is everyone thinks that every box made off in now is correct. Sure the numbers may be right but orientation of ports and subs and how the box is put together(execution) is terrible on so many of them.

the slot port box...the 45 is worthless, and the port should just be the whole bottom if your that close to the sides anyhow. Also you need to know a little about what works in each car. as just having someone say they want this or that will bring failure more often then not.

It's still a LARGE setup up from RE Box calculator and people who are using this problem are gaining knowledge. I've made almost 10 boxes since I've started using the program and it works great.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200