Sundown Audio

Need an amp for a dual 1 ohm Fi BL

Mdraha

Funny thing is that I have been looking for an RF amp since mine was such a beast (it was used for about a year and a half before I bought it, and I used it for another 2 more years)...but I'm honestly trying to get around 1300-1500 watts to the sub without hurting the amp. I believe when I got it tested a few years ago, it was putting out about 1250 pretty easily.

I'm aware that the T1000 is also underrated but $350 is just too much for me. It's tempting to just grab that off of you but $300 is really my limit.

And my electrical is NOT upgraded (yes stupid...working on it too).

$300 would be a rough loss for me being it is still new. It is the constant power series and you would get your 1300 or so to your sub. I understand a budget though!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Funny thing is that I have been looking for an RF amp since mine was such a beast (it was used for about a year and a half before I bought it, and I used it for another 2 more years)...but I'm honestly trying to get around 1300-1500 watts to the sub without hurting the amp. I believe when I got it tested a few years ago, it was putting out about 1250 pretty easily.

I'm aware that the T1000 is also underrated but $350 is just too much for me. It's tempting to just grab that off of you but $300 is really my limit.

And my electrical is NOT upgraded (yes stupid...working on it too).

$300 would be a rough loss for me being it is still new. It is the constant power series and you would get your 1300 or so to your sub. I understand a budget though!

How long have you had it laying around? If you still have it within a week or 2 I'll try to see if I can get some more cash and I'll get it from you. Even $300 is a lot right now so I'm fine with getting a used amp if I can find one. I'm gonna have to try finding one in the 200s first.

Anybody have an opinion on the Hifonics BRZ2100? Specs say that it does 1400 watts at 2 ohms but when I bought an amp from them a few years ago, it was supposed to do 1000 watts but blew twice in a few weeks (got it replaced once). After that I told myself that I'd never get another amp from them but I'm wondering if they got any better. Even interested in the Hifonics HFi2500D.

Edited by Mdraha

BRZ line does rated, but loses 18% efficiency (or power, can't remember) for every 1v drop IIRC. Hfi line is overrated shit.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

sounds like user error to me :ehh:

it is possible to find something in your price range, only thing is great things rarely come cheap. and when they do, yuo find out in the end they werent great to begin with. could possibly do an AP1500 and then wire to 2ohms. im liking skippyjs amp though...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

i believe those T1000BDCPs are like $400+ before shipping anyways...

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?