Second Skin Audio

More Bandpass Questions; New question post #52

Im working on a bandpass t-line and the motor for my box is designed to be in the port section, though that is mainly because i have a shallow sealed section, due to space limitations

I can do it either way. So if there's no big difference in performance, i'll just flip a coin.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

mike singer inverts :)

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

mike singer inverts :)

singer would definitely be someone to listen to when it comes to 4th orders

orion stang - if theres no difference in performance, other than the being able to smell coil or not (i dont know that for sure, but i prefer ported over sealed cause ive had my own issues with not smelling coil in sealed) but whatever works out best for your space available and what you want

i know ratios can matter in a 4th, but im not sure if sealed placement matters, im sure it plays a role as well, maybe depending on inverting or not, may change how the sealed portion can be placed

oh im sorry im use to the bandpass that are 160 dbs + and none of them invert people like team rip rock alan dante who have tested this and has been louder with out inverting yes they are burb boxes tho

and we have tested this in out teams street max car that was doing 158's off a single batt non inverted was louder

im a tl numbers kinda of guy so i state what has been known to us and a few other to be louder

im not a sound engineer but have been told when i asked why non inverted is louder it has to do with the wave the cone is making in the box there is no "motor" in the way of this wave unlike inverted

i cant tell you why but in testing non inverted was louder everytime (in a 4th order design)

also with these loud 4th orders they want the sealed side as small as posible with sub displacement it helps make the sealed side smaller if you invert it makes the seald side bigger with no displacement

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

It would be louder. Something he plan's on listening to music with tho? I would much rather have the comfort of knowing i can smell when things start to go bad then gain the .5db. Thats just me tho

oh im sorry im use to the bandpass that are 160 dbs + and none of them invert people like team rip rock alan dante who have tested this and has been louder with out inverting yes they are burb boxes tho

and we have tested this in out teams street max car that was doing 158's off a single batt non inverted was louder

im a tl numbers kinda of guy so i state what has been known to us and a few other to be louder

im not a sound engineer but have been told when i asked why non inverted is louder it has to do with the wave the cone is making in the box there is no "motor" in the way of this wave unlike inverted

i cant tell you why but in testing non inverted was louder everytime (in a 4th order design)

also with these loud 4th orders they want the sealed side as small as posible with sub displacement it helps make the sealed side smaller if you invert it makes the seald side bigger with no displacement

could you not just make the sealed side smaller to compensate for the extra airspace the motor would give with it being inverted?

if your smelling your sub you have ether

A clipping it

B to much power

C the box is wrong

or D all of the above

and being that he is new and wants to test out a 4th order, i think all those are good reasons to invert. a little bit louder on the meter isn't enough to make me want to mount it normally.

Archived