Second Skin Audio

Orion HCCA 12.2?

TheNewbie

No... It will be... THE UNICORN.

......... facepalm anyone? Lol

Either I'm missing something or this is the most random post of the day. I'll sig it later :)

Ugh. I'm on an immense amount of pain killers and I meant to post in the bug perm fail woofer thread. FML lol

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

you mean recommend subs that will last through more abuse, recone cheaper, and are plain better? I see no reason to not recommend them

So the object of the game for a beginner is to buy things he can abuse so that he can re-cone them for cheaper? Instead of giving the proper instruction on how not to abuse equipment and avoid re-cones all together?

I'm so glad I didn't have you teaching me as a beginner. I'd rather have someone telling me about O-scopes, and proper electrical than someone telling me to go buy an expensive sub that I can't properly power, and that I can abuse and re-cone easier.

Plus, instead of blowing smoke this whole time, you could've simply suggested a Mayhem or a DD, etc. from jump.

You...are a fool. Simply put. Almost every fiber of my being wants to point out the illogical stupidity in your posts, but what would be the point of responding to EVERY POST YOU'VE MADE.

OP, I wouldn't say the HCCA is a piece of crap, but it is definitely not worth the money in my opinion. I've installed these many, many, times. They are big subs, they can get loud, but so can many others, and not have to be placed a certain way in order to get rid of heat. It's easy to see when people are talking out of their ass. Just sit back, ask your questions, and see if you can't become the parking lot king in your high school

Maybe you should find a used havoc, mayhem, XL, or nightshade if you want a real beater.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You won't notice much of a difference from just switching up subwoofers from the CVX to the HCCA. You will need to feed the HCCA more power, you will need the electrical system to supply the power, an you will need to build a new enclosure for it. Even then, you won't be experiencing MAJOR SPLZORZ like you seem to believe you will. IMO

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

OP...

What's your budget total for everything? What vehicle and where will the system be? And what are the max dimensions.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I didn't read much, but I have owned a new Orion Hcca. Got loud with 1500-2000rms. Ad got smelly with over 2500 rms ... That being said . I traded it for my current double din. If I believe it would handle it's own I would of gotten a 2nd one . 4" coil did helped him some . But my other single set up . T3 t.2000 with same amp. Sounded just as loud and cleaner . I then got a sundown 3k to the single and took it like a champ for a month. Then sold that and now I got 10" dd 9500s. Which is keeping up with my satisfactions which is why I still have them . I'm either gonna try to trade them for 12s and get more power or get 1 more 10.

That's my story of the Hcca LOL

your an idiot plain and simple. you honestly can not be this stupid can you? where the hell did I tell him to do that? So far you go from trying to defend your choice because he is young and he doesn't ''deserve'' good equipment. Then add in the fact that the hifonics amps are the same quality as that rockford in your sig is, and will power it plenty well.

Before asking rhetorical and vacuous questions, consider the irony in your first statement.

"Defended my choice"? LOL.. He said he was speculating on an HCCA and wanted to know if anyone here has had any experience with it. I answered that I have, and that it would be a major step up from a CVX. That is; this was never a "my choice" scenario.

It's not that he doesn't deserve good equipment, because the HCCA and the Solo X is good equipment for what he's looking for.

And your "fact" that the Brz is the same quality as the "Rockford in my sig" is false. Add the fact that "same quality" is an equivocal statement.

You can spare me the schoolyard ad hominem rhetoric you've so come accustomed to.

i think YOU need to shut the fuck up and stop trying to be smart when you can't even spell MODEL

The issue wasn't misspelling, but rather the usage of the wrong word.

And if you don't think the HCCA is the best mainstream SPL subwoofer for the money, which one is?

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

Yeah i haven't thought about the wiring it's going to take, think it will drain it that much!? Im running my CVX 750RMS without even a cap. Havent' had any problems, although im prob testing my battery and alternators life but i do it on accessories as well. Keep in mind im new to car sterios :)

:Doh: :Doh: :Doh: You dont need a cap wont help anything

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

*deep southern redneck accent* Well looky hurr fellas. I think we got one ah dem edyoocayted like folks right hurr. Y'all go to one ah dem collages or somethin to get all yer brains? We don't like yer smart talkin' round hurr buddy. Nah you better git moseyin' on before I start learnin' somthin'.

haha.. I actually like this post.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

your an idiot plain and simple. you honestly can not be this stupid can you? where the hell did I tell him to do that? So far you go from trying to defend your choice because he is young and he doesn't ''deserve'' good equipment. Then add in the fact that the hifonics amps are the same quality as that rockford in your sig is, and will power it plenty well.

Before asking rhetorical and vacuous questions, consider the irony in your first statement.

"Defended my choice"? LOL.. He said he was speculating on an HCCA and wanted to know if anyone here has had any experience with it. I answered that I have, and that it would be a major step up from a CVX. That is; this was never a "my choice" scenario.

It's not that he doesn't deserve good equipment, because the HCCA and the Solo X is good equipment for what he's looking for.

And your "fact" that the Brz is the same quality as the "Rockford in my sig" is false. Add the fact that "same quality" is an equivocal statement.

You can spare me the schoolyard ad hominem rhetoric you've so come accustomed to.

i think YOU need to shut the fuck up and stop trying to be smart when you can't even spell MODEL

The issue wasn't misspelling, but rather the usage of the wrong word.

And if you don't think the HCCA is the best mainstream SPL subwoofer for the money, which one is?

How about the Kicker Solo-X or Memphis Mojo? I have no experience with any of them, actually asking how they compare. Lol

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived