My old EVO would randomly shut off too. But I just took it in to sprint got a brand new one not refurbished or anything. Mines completely stock I text get on the net and use it as a phone. But I would say if sprint gets an iPhone I will defintely make the switch just to see.

2003 GMC Yukon Denali

Alpine CDA 117

Redoing Mids/Highs

4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2-

4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt.

AQ20K

2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!

to not own a product just becasue its made my a certain company seems rather retarded to me.

I'm still waiting for concrete stuff that shows someones android phone is better then an iphone. there are a few things but ive yet to see one person say one..just...its an iphone.

I dont like how locked down the Iphone is due to apple owning it..

I hate Itunes, and how apple forces it down your throat... and the only way to bypass Itunes is to *hack* your phone...

thats why I dislike apple, and not the phone.... and I think its a very valid reason LOL

itunes does pretty much the same things as windows media player only they are tryign to not allow ILLEGAL activity. Theres STILL alot more useful programs on the app store then android market.

It being locked down is the only reason it doesnt do all the stupid shit that most android phones do...ie lock up, have shitty battery life, just overall lack luster applications. no support from real companies...because theres no protection for thier investments.

iTunes is far more than WMP, it's part of the whole app experience and a complete piece of junk on Windows. The Android phones that have issues are not due to Android. Like Windows most people blame Windows when their HD dies, video card goes out, memory craps, etc. when they should blame the manufacturer. Android is no different... HTC makes great Android handsets. I run Android for a few reasons most of which are major.

1) My last 2 HTC handsets kill the iPhone in call quality and seeing as though it's a phone...

2) Android offers a real email client without limitations in regards to Exchange (think Outlook)

3) Android has the apps I need for free (while it's nice to dream they are all junk feel free to explain K9 which is better than anything paid in the app store)

4) Android allows me to stay with a plan that gives me unlimited everything (technically 1600 peak minutes) on 4 phones for $129.

5) Google integration means you will never loose your data. With the addition of 1 app your phone is 100% backed up. The one app just sync's your txt messages with your gmail.

Now I used to have issues with my Hero, but that was to be expected as it was a first gen device. I just had my first issue with my Shift the other day... It deleted all my txts, but I assume I hit a limit, but backing up txt to your Gmail is a no brainer anyways so it's not like I lost anything however the average Joe would have.

I'm not going to say your wrong going with an iPhone, it's still a good communication device, just not necessarily the best option for everyone. Google doesn't like you nor does Apple so don't waste your breath defending products that have problems of their own.

If at first you do not succeed, you are doing it wrong! -ARS
UnderLoK-Tanq-SMD-Forum-resized.jpg
Check out my walled TBSS build over here
4 Fi Team 18s on 2 Cactus K9
DS18 doors on 2 MBQ 1Ks, Vifa pillars on a STL4.500
Pioneer X8500
6 XS Power D7500, 1 3400S
Second Skin
2 270a Mechman Alts

Jesus is this sundown vs DC or what. Bottom line is fanboys will jock what they have regardless if its better or not.

I have adroid i prefer it over the iphone. Why? because I cant leave well enough alone and like to fuck with things.

If you just want a phone camera etc. stick to apple. if you want to dissect your phone and make it do tricks get a droid.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

android isnt a phone its an operating system that 50+ phones use....no other one phone sells even close to an iphone...

dont see manus makin android docks or android decks :)

I'm fully aware of what android is and isn't. I didn't claim that "android" was a single phone, I did, however, claim that it has the greatest market share with the most end users worldwide. If you want to make the comparison more android devices have been sold than iOS devices (including iphones, ipads, and ipod touches. Ultimately it comes down to preference, if you want your shit to just work get an iphone, if you like to tinker and do things you didn't dream a phone could do a few years ago go android. That's why I did it.

Tinker....

Like what?

What are 2 really cool things you can do with a droid phone?

And derrick.. Yes..pioneer deck does that and moar.

And u dont have to buy a 65k saab

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

ray i can wireless tether overclock load custom roms etc. theres a lot you can do with android phones you just cant do with an iphone. But thats not what you want or need. The iphone is perfect for what you want/need.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

android isnt a phone its an operating system that 50+ phones use....no other one phone sells even close to an iphone...

dont see manus makin android docks or android decks :)

I'm fully aware of what android is and isn't. I didn't claim that "android" was a single phone, I did, however, claim that it has the greatest market share with the most end users worldwide. If you want to make the comparison more android devices have been sold than iOS devices (including iphones, ipads, and ipod touches. Ultimately it comes down to preference, if you want your shit to just work get an iphone, if you like to tinker and do things you didn't dream a phone could do a few years ago go android. That's why I did it.

you mean if you wanna tinker with your phone to get it to do what you want it to do.

The saab video...most of that whole video was a saab propietary overlay on the android operating system....yea everyone does that, becasue they cant leave stock android alone to do anything of its own.

Count up all those android apps in the market and tell me how many of them are rehashes of the same exact app with a different overlay. also wheres the aftermarket support for all these android devices? I'd like an obd2 checker on my 500 dollar android device, id like an oscope on my android device, id like ALOT of the aftermarket support that android DOESNT HAVE.

here in closing

http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/25/pioneer-appradio-hands-on/

nice to see a REAL company make somethign rather then these here today gone tomorrow companies...also i dont see anyone buying a saab just to get that radio lol.

ray i can wireless tether overclock load custom roms etc. theres a lot you can do with android phones you just cant do with an iphone. But thats not what you want or need. The iphone is perfect for what you want/need.

you can do every one of those items you just listed by jailbreaking an iphone...just as you need to root .

Archived