Sonic Electronix

JL Audio / Studio Six Digital Iphone App vs. Termlab meter

@Team DC-Derrick, true.

I don't think either company would spend thousands of dollars, and countless man hours on an app that they didn't consider useful. I mean if you want to Sensai, why don't you knock Crown Audio, Inc.'s Powered by Crown $3.99 app to control and monitor Crown Ethernet enabled devices and JBL Professional Drivepack DPDA models from your iphone or ipad while you are in field testing for a concert show.

LMAO!!!! where dop you get your info??? do you think they spent thousands of dollars on a free app? think again

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Tested it against a termlab, didn't work. Even "calibrated" would be all over the place and not reliable.

Piece of garbage.

Quit thinking you know shit that you don't.

Have a nice day.

You were testing it all wrong! JL would never spend "thousands of dollars and countless man hours" making an app that does not work! :unknw:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Sensai, I started this thread with a request for somone who had access to a termlab tl meter, to test the app with. And I've stated it repeatedly. And I also stated that it's best not to use the app in place of a professional tl meter. But for some reason, you overlooked all of that by questioning it's purpose and questioning my integrity and whether I knew a thing or two about car audio and tl meters or not. Now mind you if a magazine like the former Auto Sound and Security came across the app, and they had a tl meter, I'm sure that they would have tested it both in the car and around the shop place and have written a lengthy review about the app and all it's features and potential upgradable options, which you have seemed to overlooked as well.

You got mad at the idea that someone could assume that they could use the app to figure out what they were hitting, when the phone and app combination is not like a true tl meter. That's understandable, but no where was I giving false information about the request.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

@Team DC-Derrick, true.

I don't think either company would spend thousands of dollars, and countless man hours on an app that they didn't consider useful. I mean if you want to Sensai, why don't you knock Crown Audio, Inc.'s Powered by Crown $3.99 app to control and monitor Crown Ethernet enabled devices and JBL Professional Drivepack DPDA models from your iphone or ipad while you are in field testing for a concert show.

This is where you're wrong. Of course a company will if they know that someone like you will buy it, spread its poison, getting other uneducated people to buy it...they do not care whether or not its accurate or correct. They care if it sells.

I'm adding you to my ignored list. You've proven you know nothing, and you don't even have the common sense to see why apps like this are useless and a waste.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Dude there are 100+ different "spl" apps for iPhone and android devices that doesn't mean a microphone on a phone is anywhere near as accurate as a TL sensor. They're novelty items at best to yell at and see how loud you can yell. I wouldn't even use a radio shack style meter in a vehicle because the frequencies that they measure are completely different and the way that they are measured are completely different too.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Sensai, I started this thread with a request for somone who had access to a termlab tl meter, to test the app with. And I've stated it repeatedly. And I also stated that it's best not to use the app in place of a professional tl meter. But for some reason, you overlooked all of that by questioning it's purpose and questioning my integrity and whether I knew a thing or two about car audio and tl meters or not. Now mind you if a magazine like the former Auto Sound and Security came across the app, and they had a tl meter, I'm sure that they would have tested it both in the car and around the shop place and have written a lengthy review about the app and all it's features and potential upgradable options, which you have seemed to overlooked as well.

You got mad at the idea that someone could assume that they could use the app to figure out what they were hitting, when the phone and app combination is not like a true tl meter. That's understandable, but no where was I giving false information about the request.

:werd_msword:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

I don't want to attack you personally but magazines won't test apps like that. There are thousands like it. Never will they be in magazines and tested because they already know it's quite worthless.

It is just a gadget and JL didn't put thousands of dollars in it.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

JL Audio would not show affiliation with it or allow the company to use their logo on the app, or even host a download/purchase link for the app on their site if that was the case.

I did a bit of reading on the termlab site about the difference from a regular mic and their termlab and got my answer.

http://www.termpro.com/storefront/page605.html#sensorbenefits

With that being said, yeah I would say that this is the end of the discussion, but this is an audio forum, and I had a question with a request about a particular car audio app and the tools that it came with whether it was useful or not. And my answer is that yes it can be useful, but not in conditions where sound levels are to the point where microphone distortion can occur.

Bass Music Producer • Photographer • Graphic Designer

--------------

Deep Sector Boom...

Archived