'91 Civic Hatch | (1)15" on 500 watts 31Hz | Low Power Bigger Output

Going to get some pics up in a little while here. Also as an update, I found out my box is to small, will be working on a new design. Also just purchased a used DD-1 so I will be able to get a little view at what power this amp puts out.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Get those pics up brohammer. How big will the new box be?

Will do, going to grab somen to eat while the upload then get them in. I don't know yet. I want to wait really to see how much power exactly this amp is putting out. I am going to think maybe somewhere around 3cu-3.25cu

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Smart plan on getting the dd-1

Ya! I had to borrow a couple bucks to get it lol, but well worth it.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Here the pics come!!!

On my last amp rack, it was just a solid board. This time I cut a whole in the back on either side to help with the heat.

DSCI0143.jpg

I was in a rush to get everything together, and made everything really long in the beginning to ensure I had proper length.

DSCI0144.jpg

I got fans! I have them all on either side blowing inward. My sub amp barely ever gets past warm, pretty awesome. Once I get a 3 amp setup in the future, I will set up my fans to create air flow. I tried to have it with the top on either side inward, and the bottom two on either side to blow air out but there was a problem with the blades hitting the box.

DSCI0145.jpg

DSCI0145.jpg

Cleaned up the back some, and also finished the top baffle to the box.

DSCI0147.jpg

Finished product!!!

DSCI0150.jpg

I am going to be buying a fused distro block soon from CE Auto Supply this week. I have to get an eye exam and more contacts and pay some insurance, so I don't know if I will be able to get anything more than that till my next paycheck. Which to my good news, I might be getting 40 horus a week 10/hr, so things should be wrapping up rather quickly :)

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Came up with 2 new designs.

ivx-15new.png

ivx-15new2.png

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

I have recently downloaded the new Torres, put the same specs from my old box into the new one, and I actually am at 14sq in per foot rather than 15 with the older version. I also recently tuned with the DD-1 and got this bitch SUPER LOUD. Although the power is to much at time and the sub can get quite warm, I know it is clean power though so we are all good! Will be getting some videos up soon so no worries.

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Here is the final design I have for the 15. I will get some wood once I can, and get to cutting. Hopefully this time I will have way better cuts than this thing.

NewestIVX15-1.png

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm