Sonic Electronix

Smart ass is what most people already call me. Post when you do more than read and find your own real world results or how the law applies in reality. Thanks though :drink40:

What is this nonsense?

Point being, clipping is responsible for many dead subs and amps. Posting links where people, who have experience, provide situations where clipping does not ruin their subs is a different matter entirely. Which would be obvious if you knew more about the properties and actions of distortion. It's like saying I know a guy who handles cobras who doesnt get bitten...and then saying cobras are harmless.

Clipping is not an immediate death, but is abuse which will eventually lead to the mechanical and thermal failure you referred to, time dependant on the degree of distortion and abuse. I can get much more technical but its friday night, I'm at a restaurant, and suffice it to say clipping killing subs IS NOT A MYTH.

The point is that the statement "clipping damages speakers" is untrue and therefore a myth. It's as simple as that. While it is true that a clipped signal can contribute to a situation where a speaker receives more (average not peak) power than it can handle over a given time, the only one responsible for damage is the user. Enough of these fallacious analogies, they do not apply. Bottom line is speakers are damaged when the amount of average power is too great. Sure a clipped signal will increase that average power, but there is much more to it than that.

Summary

To provide a final review of all that we have discussed on this topic, there are only two ways to damage a speaker: Mechanically and Thermally. The only way to do this is by applying too much input power in a given enclosure (mechanically) or too much average power over time (thermally). There is no DC in a clipped signal; the coil does not stand still; air passing over the coil (and thus cooling) is the same regardless of the waveform; and clipping is acceptable provided that the average power over time is lower than the speaker's limits. The next time you hear those famed words "your speakers died because of clipping", remember what you have learned, and above all, keep searching for the truth. It's out there somewhere.

And like previously stated...facepalm. Call it nonsense, call it smartass...matters little to me :pardon:

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Underpowering is my all time favorite, but I also love Nick Morgan's microwaving tinsel leads "theory" What a fucking asshole... Hopefully this myth will be dissapearing now that somebody woke up out in vegas and changed the tinsel design to reduce their mass amounts of failures.

Just because something vibrates at a given frequency does not mean it is a microwave...

Just though of some more.

-On Pioneer radios, you have to turn the "SLAM" up which is the SLA (source level adjuster) becuase it gets a lot louder that way.

-Systems (bass) cannot hit hard off a factory radio.

-Bose equipped vehicles are the best and using any other mids/highs will not sound as good.

-Bridging an amp always makes it hit harder.

-12s hit harder than 15s

-Nothing is louder or better than an L7

-thick speaker wire make yo shit hit twice as hard

-tens can't be loud

-Expenisve jacks make your system hit harder.

-Wal mart shit cat be loud

-Pro box and other coated enclosures are the loudest and the best boxes you can put in your car.

I have more, but I am tied up a bit

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Here's a few good myths lol:

- Sealed boxes always sound better than Ported Boxes no matter what.

- The MTX Jackhammer is the biggest, loudest, and most powerful sub in the world.

- You must have matching brands on everything, or else it won't sound good.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Underpowering is my all time favorite, but I also love Nick Morgan's microwaving tinsel leads "theory" What a fucking asshole... Hopefully this myth will be dissapearing now that somebody woke up out in vegas and changed the tinsel design to reduce their mass amounts of failures.

Just because something vibrates at a given frequency does not mean it is a microwave...

-On Pioneer radios, you have to turn the "SLAM" up which is the SLA (source level adjuster) becuase it gets a lot louder that way.

-Bose equipped vehicles are the best and using any other mids/highs will not sound as good.

-12s hit harder than 15s

-tens can't be loud

-Pro box and other coated enclosures are the loudest and the best boxes you can put in your car.

your still on this? wow hold a grudge much? you look like the asshole to me just fyi go clean some toilets you janitor piece of crap i bet your best friend is a piece of crap and he came from an asshole as well

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

It's best to just add him to the ignore list. I added him during that whole debacle, there is NO changing his mind, his opinion, his attitude, or his hypocrisy.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

capz r gud for liek 2000 wattz bro

Oh and 15's are louder than anything else, hands down, no contest.

My Channel on YouTube. Check it out for cinematic-style Car Audio videos.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcSMhtT-rpopJbdybubDgnQ

New 2014 Scion TC 4th Wall Build

https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/217173-2014-tc-4th-order-build-3-fi-sp4-15s/

-12s hit harder than 15s

-tens can't be loud

your still on this? wow hold a grudge much? you look like the asshole to me just fyi go clean some toilets you janitor piece of crap i bet your best friend is a piece of crap and he came from an asshole as well

Some thick headed, low intelligence, ignorant, morons think I am actually janitor. I am trying to finish my masters in EE. The janitor thing was a joke that most people with half a brain actually picked up on.

Fact is Nick Morgan is a lying bullshitting uneducated dunce who lied to hundreds of customers and refused to take care of their warranty claims due to poor tinsel design. I have witnessed over a dozen fi/ascendant subs with broken tinsels and a few that have caught on fire with low power applied to the sub as compared to rms. Put another brand sub in and no more problems, ever! PROOOOOOOOF

There is no grudge. It is all abotu facts, truth, integrity, and science.

Microwaving tinsels... really? :rofl: You beleive that load of non-sensical lying bullshit? It is an out and out ill concieved theory by a sub builder who doesn't want to lose money by warrantying their piss poor designs. Get off the guy's dick. Fucking morons...

I think we all know that they have started building subs differently int he last so many months.

I may not be the smartest, the loudest, or have the "best" installs but I have more scientific, electrical knowledge than the majority of members on any car audio forum. It is the nature of the proffession and the sport.

Ignoring me doesn't bother me. I poke around here when I am bored. If i was looking to gain knowledge I wouldn't do it here... this forum rates much higher in entertainment value than it does in knowledge value. If you don't want to learn anything from me, great. The dumber you are, the smarter I look.

I try to help when I can. I try to add to the forum dynamic instead of posting repetative recycled bullshit, one word posts, taunts, nonsense, shit talking, smartass remarks, and other replys which are more filler and entertainment. I am glad all are not like me. It gives me entertainment and allows me and the other forum members have a variety of things to read.

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

Archived