12" Fi BTL N3 + MB Quart Discus 2000.1D. Full test.

KZnova

Hi all.

Copying my topic here, maybe somebody wanna see how Fi BTL N3 playing music.

As shown in title we have 12" Fi BTL N3 and MB Quart Discus 2000.1.

Sub connected 0,7 ohm.

Box about 2.2 cuft tuned 36-39 Hz. Battery 65 Ah noname .

They do more than i expect :clapping: .

Watch until the end and use HD :popcorn: .

Thanks.

P.S. Sorry for copying topics, but i think this vid and topic should be here also :drinks: .

n3 wasnt designed for music was it?

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

The n3 is more of a SPL woofer and the n2 is for music.

OP- nice vid, that looks loud as hell for 1 12''

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

:shrug:

maybe so..

but vid showing another, not so? :santa:

thats way i posted it here, before i bought this sub i didnt find any vids or posts about this sub on daily using

so hope it will help to others make they choose right

or just take some fun

:drinks:

:shrug:

maybe so..

but vid showing another, not so? :santa:

thats way i posted it here, before i bought this sub i didnt find any vids or posts about this sub on daily using

or just take some fun

:drinks:

Using a N3 for daily bass is not a good idea.(i don't even get why you would recommend it to other people...) Thats why even Fi recommends a N2 for daily driving.

THe N3 also sounds worse then the N2.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Using a N3 for daily bass is not a good idea.(i don't even get why you would recommend it to other people...) Thats why even Fi recommends a N2 for daily driving.

THe N3 also sounds worse then the N2.

First of all read this email between guy from Fi and previous sub owner:

It shouldn't have any issues with going low..however what will happen is about 10Hz above your port tuning frequency you will have a 'dip' in the response curve that will peak again a second time about 25Hz above your port tuning frequency..creating a "saddle shape" response curve.

The N2 will peak once and roll off..

--

Thanks!

Nick Morgan

Fi Car Audio

Previous owner:

Thanks for your quick response, that is good news! What would be the cost/process for swapping this N3 for an N2?

Would you be able to explain to me what you mean by motor force and the negative impact it may have? Length of life? My main concern is sound quality and the ability to "go low" can you offer any recommendations to get the best/most use out of it if i need to keep it?

Nick - Fi Car Audio

It won't explode or anything if you play music on it..

In our opinion it has too much motor force for a daily driving and musical scenario. The N2 is more ideal.

Here is some post from previous owner.

Don't mind that. Nick from Fi specifically told us that it is fine to use and play music on as a daily - just that the magnet force is very strong and the frequency response won't be too flat at the bottom end. It can be equalized out with a parametric EQ or MiniDSP. Nick says most people won't even notice. I don't know if that part is true or not. I can't tell you if you would notice it or not.

People keep saying burping only, no cooling, but who are they to say that when Fi is saying that's not the case?

:nea:

So why i can`t recommend it to music? And on my own experience its playing music VERY nice, maybe you can`t hear it, but vid show it. I think you dont know what about you talking. Or maybe you have some experience with it? 8) .

But i will say another way:

First time im thinking same like you and it was not so easy decision for me. There was no real music playing vids or someones experience on forums (i didnt found them). And if i saw that vid before, i never think about my decision. I LIKE this sub on daily using.

Hope now you understand what about im talking.

I wonder how many people are commenting on a speaker they have never heard in person?

I suggest everyone buys N3's, listens to them in various applications and then we can all have an N3 conference online and discuss these.

-Donald Hebig1989 Blazer S10 4x4-Four Fi BTL N3 15" "Ruthless bass!"-Four pair of American Bass VFL 8", 6.5", and tweets-Sundown SAZ 1500(2550wrms=156 dB) 92+ Psychlone RTA. Fully off-road capable street build. Built for music.-----------Bringing Sound Quality to a whole new level.--------------dB Drag: Personal best 161.3 sealed up and 158+ Bass Race.USACi: -Canadian SB5 Record holder-Canadian SM 4001+ Record holder

I wonder how many people are commenting on a speaker they have never heard in person?

I suggest everyone buys N3's, listens to them in various applications and then we can all have an N3 conference online and discuss these.

Why should I buy a sub that has an Fs of 55.3-56.3Hz depending on coil configuration for musical purposes?

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Archived