Sundown Audio

i just dont understand

Alright, many of you have tried to help me out on here with a couple topics and I appreciate that a lot, but

I have given up on this stereo. I have downloaded the mauals for my amps and hooked them up exactly how it describes and its getting me nowhere. My amps are still the orion 1200d's. Each amp has its own 4 gauge power wire going to starting battery. Each ground was reinstalled lastnight to knew locations, bare metal to bare metal ground terminals. RCA from head unit to master, then master to slave. 2 12" woofers wired parallel to 1 ohm to each amp. 12 gauge speaker wire. Brand new 150 amp anl fuse for each power wire. All that said, im still getting a humm /chatter coming from subs when head unit volume is on 0. If i play with the gains it goes away but the gains are at like less than half way. My best guess is lack of power? I have not done big 3 upgrade, 1/0 gauge is being shipped as I type. So is that the problem, the lack of power? Because if its not that it has to be the amps right? As of 2 weeks ago they both ran perfect. I just want to figure it out cause im going crazy over these things. Do I need to install a secondary battery to power amps.? Maybe even 2 secondary batteries, 1 for each amp. I mean they are only 1200 watts, im not producing that much power, I could understand if I was SMD with 30k watts! Lol just please someone help me out. I need some good news for a change lol

what head unit...

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

Almost forgot, my amp powering my mids and highs is now producing an engine whine! Lol it too has its own power, ground is same as others, bare metal to bare metal terminal. RCA are some monster brand ones, cost like 40 bucks. Fuse for power wire is fine. Its some little 3 or 400 watt amp crunch made like 8 yrs ago. The whine just started happening lastnight after I relocated my grounds. I've had no problems with that thing at all till then. The head unit I have is a pioneer DEH-P3000IB, it too does the job fine. Or so I thought. Could the ground for the head unit be loose? Should I ground the RCA using a peace of wire?

Bare metal sometimes isn't enough when grounding. Make of said vehicle and exact locations of grounds. Ground the HU?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

You'll want to ground the rca's on the pioneer H/U to solve that issue, next try unplugging the rca's from the sub amp and start the car and see if they still make a humm.

How close did you run the rca patch cords to the power wire you ran to the back of the car?

What kind of car is it by the way?

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

its a known pioneer head unit issue.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Gotta love the good ole pioneer humm.

I do this to every pioneer I install.

644225.jpg

Call it ghetto if you want but its inside the dash so i couldn't care less about how it looks, it simply works.

Edited by BassJunkie

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.