Thank you sir! And yes, it does accomplish the same thing as the MLA for the most part.... Just stabilizes my voltage and eliminates the unnecessary "Honda Voltage Drop"

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Lol indeed! That shit was irritating!!! All gone now though :)

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Thank you sir! And yes, it does accomplish the same thing as the MLA for the most part.... Just stabilizes my voltage and eliminates the unnecessary "Honda Voltage Drop"

What are the pros and cons of doing this and will my Civic still love me when I do it?

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Lol yes your Civic will still love you. Mine loves me. I think ;)

Pro's: You get to choose when your alternator goes into H.O. charging mode at the flip of a switch. Get rid of the "Honda Voltage Drop". When your computer detects that the car does not need to be working hard, it cuts the voltage by a complete volt, if not a little more.

Mine would sit steady at 14.4, then I'd be cruising or sitting in stop and go traffic and it would drop down to 13.2-13.5.... The bass would hit and I would drop into the low 12's, but the ECU still keeps the alternator in normal mode, or "economy mode", and it doesn't jump back up to the usual 14.X charging voltage.

Now, when mine goes into "economy mode", I flip the switch, and I never see the voltage constantly charging in the 13's. Bass hits, typical voltage drop, but it shoots right back up to the 14's.

Cons: If you leave the switch on 24/7 and abuse the shit out of your system, you can risk prematurely cutting the life expectancy of your alt. If you have an aftermarket H.O. alt, I don't think there should be any problems, they are designed to work hard.

I'll see if I can get a vid of mine in action tonight.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I don't understand how that alt will prematurely fail if it is on all the time.

Is it in the design of that particular alt? is it different in some way? I've seen alts get dipped in the mud and still work they are very durable pieces of equipment until you start trying to get 400A out of one unit.

do you know anything about your particular alt?

-Drew

detail.gifI am a United States Military Arts and Crafts Professional. Sand it off, Paint it on. detail.gif

uhoh_45 said:
dont be a pussy P give the jeep to drew

Is it in the design of that particular alt? is it different in some way? I've seen alts get dipped in the mud and still work they are very durable pieces of equipment until you start trying to get 400A out of one unit.

-Drew

I think it's more so the way Honda designed the alt to work with the eld. I did a little research after his post and I think I understand for the most part if I use this with the OEM stock alt I shouldn't have it on all the time but if I go aftermarket I should be able to run it 24/7 with no issues. This goes back to what you said, we are trying to get everything out of the alt all the time which would cause to eventually fail overtime. Honda's are picky lil sum bishes and under stress I could honestly see my little alt failing on me if I ran the bypass on permanently.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

-Drew

I think it's more so the way Honda designed the alt to work with the eld. I did a little research after his post and I think I understand for the most part if I use this with the OEM stock alt I shouldn't have it on all the time but if I go aftermarket I should be able to run it 24/7 with no issues. This goes back to what you said, we are trying to get everything out of the alt all the time which would cause to eventually fail overtime. Honda's are picky lil sum bishes and under stress I could honestly see my little alt failing on me if I ran the bypass on permanently.

Drew, this.

Very good explanation!

Since people don't the certain life expectancy of a stock alt, they won't know if it prematurely took a shit on them or not

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Archived