DC Sound Lab

Finally done. Dc lvl 4 12 installed

Thanks, gents. You have a great point about paint scraping off when I take an impact drill to them. I was only thinking of getting the most exact color match.

FreekDesignz- I hate to admit it, but my mids/highs are some eclipse sp5700's I bought on clearance at my local shop. Well, actually the gf bought them for me for valentines day a couple years ago. I want to upgrade them soon, and (I know, this part is terrible) finally buy an amp for the mids/highs.

My head unit is an old kenwood excelon ddx7015. I want to get a new hu sometime soon too, but want to stay with the brand because I bought the kna g510 nav for it too, and want to reuse it.

Pic of hu I installed in my car:

IMG_9492.jpg

And I did relocate the front tweeters to higher in the door panel. Though after doing some research, I wish I would've mounted them near where the dash meets the windshield, and facing straight up:

IMG_9493.jpg

Very clean. As for the tweeters... My blazer has stock dash spots and i have to say every vehicle i get in, i cant stand the speaker placement. Its like once you have been touched with dash speakers, every other placement feels so dry and bland.

04' Chevy Blazer

-Kenwood KIV-BT900, Infinity Kappa 462.9cfp's, Rockford P1653's, Subs... Ridin Stock-

Looks real good man. I dont know why but I really like the way that birch looks plain with the aero and sub installed. But thats me.

2012 GMC SIerra CC

System Build

Headunit--Stock

Sub Amp--DC 2.0k

Subs--2-SA8v2's

Enclosure--Need one made!!

Highs Amp--Sundown SAX-100.4

Front Highs--Rockford Fosgate T2652-S

Rear--Sundown Neo Pro 6.5

XS Power D2400--XS D3400

No Big Three yet!

http://www.youtube.c...ser/raolito1980

Looks real good man. I dont know why but I really like the way that birch looks plain with the aero and sub installed. But thats me.

I didn't like seeing the ends of the plywood. Plus, I did use quite a few screws, so there was a lot of fill too.

Could some one pm me the price of the dc level 4? Im new to the forum and everyone seam to love dc. I also would like the specs? Like min max and opt box space to see they will work in the space I have. Im interested in the 12 and 15s. Thanks

Nice box.

Can you tell us how it sounds. How do you like it ?

And what did you have before to compare ?

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

Nice box.

Can you tell us how it sounds. How do you like it ?

And what did you have before to compare ?

This is the first box for this particular sub for me, so all I can do is give impressions of it without any other comparison. This is also my first go around with aeroports. Dunno if I like them yet, as they do have some port noise. Though you can only hear it when standing back by it with the trunk open, so no real biggie I guess. I keep wondering if I should've went with a standard slot port. Anyways, I absolutely love it. Response is nice, tone is great. I will say the thing is LOUD though. At least, compared to my previous setup:

Directed SX12D4 (in a prefab box) on about 650 watts (old amp was a Kenwood 9104D)

IMG_9486.jpg

So, this was a considerable upgrade for me. I wouldn't feel right giving an educated opinion on it, only because it's my first and only experience with a driver of this caliber. I can only say that my ears like it, and I guess that what matters :D