Sonic Electronix

why not get the luxury liner or something thats actually designed to acoustically dampen.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I actually have some of that. It is called jut right? I wanted to use that on the back of my doors but I hear it can wick moisture and mold. Next month I will be putting some more deadener in the doors and I will be putting a layer of ensolite on the back of the door panel. I still have a couple resonance issues lol. It must be because I have a 10" in there. lol Midbass FTW

001-13.jpg

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

why not get the luxury liner or something thats actually designed to acoustically dampen.

I'm new to car audio. That's why I ask the questions. If I could find something that works for half the price or less why not use it. This is the reason I bring you guys these questions before I buy stuff I may not need.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Not all "sound deadening" products out there are the same, nor do they perform the same.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, you get what you pay for.

MLVs on the other hand are all pretty much the same. The products we sell (Luxury Liner and Luxury Liner Pro) are slightly different for the fact that they weigh about 25% more than most any other brand out there. More mass = a better barrier.

Unless a product actually says it's butyl, then it's not. FatMat, RattleTrap, and all of the different revisions of their products are fairly low quality and have an ultra thin constraining layer. Not recommended.

I'd also avoid most any product that comes on a roll. I have yet to see a single one of these "rolled" products that is an actual proper purposed sound damper, i.e. a product that was designed as a sound deadening material. People always come back with a response of "well it worked for me...". Thats fine, you're entitled to your opinion... I have my facts. :)

So again like many people suggested, please read this, become informed, and make a proper decision.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

i just picked up some roofing mat from home depot which looks pretty good and weight alright too. Gonna wrap my trunk in today, see if it makes any difference.

Hate to hijack a thread a bit, but would you like a sampling of some Damplifier to compare it to? PM my your name/addy if you're interested. :)

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Archived