Sonic Electronix

I have been looking for ways to add deadener to my car that is effective but doesn't break the bank. After some research I saw some people using heavy duty pond liners as an underlayment to the jut and carpet. Here is a link to the site where they sell a liner 5'x5' (45 mil) for only $13.

I think this could make an effective damping layer. I'm just throwing it out there to see what you guys think.

http://www.pondliner.com/category/Firestone_EPDM_Pond_Liners_5

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I think you should read the sticky in the Second Skin section. There are many cheaper ways of doing it right

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

If you are ever satisfied, sounds like you gave up... Never Satisfied ~Team Ns~

3mil of aluminum is a bit thin for 80mil product

and ive never heard of that product before whereas i have audiotechnix in my car currently

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

3mil of aluminum is a bit thin for 80mil product

and ive never heard of that product before whereas i have audiotechnix in my car currently

My link

i think thats what he was linking

you win some, you lose some

Whooooaaaa. Guys, I already know about audiotechnix and second skin. I was only talking about using the pond liner in conjunction with the deadener, not use it to replace the deadener. I already have two layers of AT on my doors and I would like to place a layer on the floor and put the pond liner over the top of that. Sorry for the confusion guys. I figured with 60 mil AT covering the floor this could work well as a supplemental sound deadening layer.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

Archived