Second Skin Audio

Opinions wanted

22 members have voted

1. 1. 18" or 12" Solo X?

• 18"
    • 12"

ill sell you a 15" lvl 6.. it just has a smaller motor than the 18" lvl 6...

650$

I've thought about switching to DC before..

Zx 2500 is a strong amp , it loves power make shore you feed it well

Have you had one?

I may buy the 4 ohm and sell my amp and upgrade to eh ZX2500.1.. Only 200 more compared to 430 some for a new Zx1500.1

I know you like kicker, but I'm sure you can find an amp that puts out more power for the same cost as the zx2500. How much would the zx2500 run ya?

$627.95 for a 2010. I had a ZX1000.1 that messed up so I sent it in for repairs and they let me upgrade to the Zx1500.1 and just had me pay the difference so I may try and do that for the ZX2500.1

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

650$

:peepwall:

But the Solo-X does in fact have different motors for the different sizes. The 10 and 12 use the same motor structure, which weighs in at around 40lbs. The 18 uses a completely different structure, which weighs in over twice as much as the smaller subwoofers.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

18"

:good:

Thanks!

Are you totally 100% stuck on kicker man?? And from my experiance it's hard to get something that sounds amazing to rock and rap both at the same time cause those types of music are so completly different

I am 100% kicker man. I know they are different thats why I put that in. Witch would you do?

Hopefully I'll be selling my two L7s soon and I'm thinking of buying one Solo X. My question is would you guys recommend the 12" or the 18"? I listen to alot of rap and rock but I wanna have something for Spl comeptions. Either way it will be under-powered for now because I just have a Zx1500.1. Thanks in advance! :drinks:

I have used both. I think if you are coming from 2 L7s then go with the 18. They both can be extremely loud and I don't care what people tell you, they can sound very good in the right setup. But the 18 is a huge step up from the 12.

I have the 12 in my CR-Z right now and I'm surprised how good it sounds. Don't go by kicker's recommendations when it comes to box designs though. They like smaller boxes to sound good, but can get VERY loud in large boxes.

Whats your box tuned to sir?

32hz. I tuned my box to my car though for as flat of a response I could get. These subs both get LOW but of course the 18 is going to be more fun to listen to when you tune it low.

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

650$

But the Solo-X does in fact have different motors for the different sizes. The 10 and 12 use the same motor structure, which weighs in at around 40lbs. The 18 uses a completely different structure, which weighs in over twice as much as the smaller subwoofers.

which is why they are selling a lvl 4 for the price of a lvl 6....

which is what im trying to do

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

650$

which is why they are selling a lvl 4 for the price of a lvl 6....

which is what im trying to do

I'm slow, forgive me lol! I understand what your saying :)

The Solo-X 12 would be a downgrade from your two L7s, so I sure hope you go with the 18 :)

The Solo-X 12 would be a downgrade from your two L7s, so I sure hope you go with the 18 :)

Really?

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

Really?

Cone area is king :werd_msword:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Archived