Jump to content

How old were you when?


Recommended Posts

Posted

Well first, not many parents know what there kids do. Second, you have to realize there perspective, they have met many and can see trouble makers. My parents never really let me do anything but trust will come over time, just be a kid, your 16. Your parents seem to protective in your eyes they are looking out for you.

I know they are looking out for me and I appreciate it but it gets ridiculous sometimes. they think every time I ask them to hang out with friends it's gonna be a party where there's alcohol involved when 3/4 of the time it isn't.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

Err..yeah, pizza. You eat it with you're buddy Jack... Daniels :P

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

 

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Posted

Ever since I was about 14 or 15, I was allowed to have a beer with dinner. It wasn't that big of a deal as far as my parents thought... and they were right. I'm 32 now and not a raging alcoholic. I've been drunk once or twice but not in a situation where I'd have to drive home or in a place I didn't know... I knew what to expect because when we had steak for dinner you were welcome to a beer or glass of wine. I wasn't forced, but told the truth: Beer and Steak are awesome together!

If you shelter your kids, they will try to find out this stuff on their own, which is dangerous. Not all parents think like this and that's why kids party so hard at college, get alcohol poisoning, and get into trouble. It's because they're testing their limits. Why the hell do you think Catholic School girls get their reputation? They're sheltered! My wife is like this and we fight about this kind of thing all the time with our kids. My girls don't like the taste of beer that much anyway.

Also, it's not illegal to give your own kids a beer with dinner at home. I don't care what anyone says on this forum it's not illegal. It's illegal to sell it to them, and it's not the wisest thing to let them drink at a restaurant, but a parent has the option to introduce alcohol to their kids in a controlled manner, like I had when I was a teen.

Cheers :drinks:

EDIT: To the OP, I know it sucks being told "no" about going to parties. Have you discussed checking in every hour while your out? If you volunteered some compromise they may be willing to compromise as well. You can try this, too: Don't ask your parents "yes or no" questions, but make it an either/or question, where the expected answer is a "yes"...

i.e. "Mom, I've been invited to a party at a friends house. I know you don't want me out late, so would you rather I came home at 9:30 or would you rather I check in with you every hour while I'm there?:" It's a long shot, but it could work if you phrase it right. I used to sell cars and that either/or tactic made me a lot of money :)

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Posted

Ever since I was about 14 or 15, I was allowed to have a beer with dinner. It wasn't that big of a deal as far as my parents thought... and they were right. I'm 32 now and not a raging alcoholic. I've been drunk once or twice but not in a situation where I'd have to drive home or in a place I didn't know... I knew what to expect because when we had steak for dinner you were welcome to a beer or glass of wine. I wasn't forced, but told the truth: Beer and Steak are awesome together!

If you shelter your kids, they will try to find out this stuff on their own, which is dangerous. Not all parents think like this and that's why kids party so hard at college, get alcohol poisoning, and get into trouble. It's because they're testing their limits. Why the hell do you think Catholic School girls get their reputation? They're sheltered! My wife is like this and we fight about this kind of thing all the time with our kids. My girls don't like the taste of beer that much anyway.

Also, it's not illegal to give your own kids a beer with dinner at home. I don't care what anyone says on this forum it's not illegal. It's illegal to sell it to them, and it's not the wisest thing to let them drink at a restaurant, but a parent has the option to introduce alcohol to their kids in a controlled manner, like I had when I was a teen.

Cheers :drinks:

thread/ x12454329534

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

Posted

Ever since I was about 14 or 15, I was allowed to have a beer with dinner. It wasn't that big of a deal as far as my parents thought... and they were right. I'm 32 now and not a raging alcoholic. I've been drunk once or twice but not in a situation where I'd have to drive home or in a place I didn't know... I knew what to expect because when we had steak for dinner you were welcome to a beer or glass of wine. I wasn't forced, but told the truth: Beer and Steak are awesome together!

If you shelter your kids, they will try to find out this stuff on their own, which is dangerous. Not all parents think like this and that's why kids party so hard at college, get alcohol poisoning, and get into trouble. It's because they're testing their limits. Why the hell do you think Catholic School girls get their reputation? They're sheltered! My wife is like this and we fight about this kind of thing all the time with our kids. My girls don't like the taste of beer that much anyway.

Also, it's not illegal to give your own kids a beer with dinner at home. I don't care what anyone says on this forum it's not illegal. It's illegal to sell it to them, and it's not the wisest thing to let them drink at a restaurant, but a parent has the option to introduce alcohol to their kids in a controlled manner, like I had when I was a teen.

Cheers :drinks:

thank you, I cannot agree more with you, my dad has experience with a lot of things, my mom not really, but my dad is open to it completely, just recently as I get older he has gotten more protective over it, when I was younger he told me whenever I get older I could have a drink with him in a controlled environment, that he'd rather let me drink with him than with friends and go out and do something stupid, but now that i'm older I wanna have a drink with him he doesn't want to, has me a little confused.

'93 Firebird Formula V8

H/U- Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X395

Mids/Highs Amp- Hifonics ZXI80.4

Wiring-KNU RCA's, Speaker Wire, And Two Runs Of Trystar 1/0

G34 Red Top and a 180amp Ford Alternator

www.youtube.com/TRTC360

Posted

uhhh you got me on that one lol, but really my argument is if they think they have raised me right they should trust me to go out with friends, they don't have a reason to yet, they should know I won't make the same mistakes they did.

maybe they understand that mistakes are not planned.

they didnt "raise" you. they are "raising" you. trust me, you dont want them to stop now.

if you give your kid 1 inch knowing they will take 2, why would you give them 2 inches knowing they will take 4? when the goal was for your kid to have 2.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Posted

Ever since I was about 14 or 15, I was allowed to have a beer with dinner. It wasn't that big of a deal as far as my parents thought... and they were right. I'm 32 now and not a raging alcoholic. I've been drunk once or twice but not in a situation where I'd have to drive home or in a place I didn't know... I knew what to expect because when we had steak for dinner you were welcome to a beer or glass of wine. I wasn't forced, but told the truth: Beer and Steak are awesome together!

If you shelter your kids, they will try to find out this stuff on their own, which is dangerous. Not all parents think like this and that's why kids party so hard at college, get alcohol poisoning, and get into trouble. It's because they're testing their limits. Why the hell do you think Catholic School girls get their reputation? They're sheltered! My wife is like this and we fight about this kind of thing all the time with our kids. My girls don't like the taste of beer that much anyway.

Also, it's not illegal to give your own kids a beer with dinner at home. I don't care what anyone says on this forum it's not illegal. It's illegal to sell it to them, and it's not the wisest thing to let them drink at a restaurant, but a parent has the option to introduce alcohol to their kids in a controlled manner, like I had when I was a teen.

Cheers :drinks:

EDIT: To the OP, I know it sucks being told "no" about going to parties. Have you discussed checking in every hour while your out? If you volunteered some compromise they may be willing to compromise as well. You can try this, too: Don't ask your parents "yes or no" questions, but make it an either/or question, where the expected answer is a "yes"...

i.e. "Mom, I've been invited to a party at a friends house. I know you don't want me out late, so would you rather I came home at 9:30 or would you rather I check in with you every hour while I'm there?:" It's a long shot, but it could work if you phrase it right. I used to sell cars and that either/or tactic made me a lot of money :)

catholic school girls are the only ones I go for now hahah :peepwall:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Posted

I'm 20, I don't drink.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Posted

i drank at parties when i was in high school and now im 20 and not even into it anymore everyone goes through stages

Vehicle: 2017 Chevrolet Silverado High Country

Electrical: 320A Singer Alt, (2) Limitless Lithium 15ah, Full Throttle FT680-48

Speakers: Stevens Audio SA 6 (ACTIVE), Audio Designs 3”

Subwoofer: (4) B2 Audio XM 8’s

Amplifiers: (2) B2 Audio Rage 2500.1, (1) B2 Audio Rage 1200.6

Processors: NavTv M650 (integration), Helix DSP Pro MK2

 

Silverado Build Log

 

Posted

Ever since I was about 14 or 15, I was allowed to have a beer with dinner. It wasn't that big of a deal as far as my parents thought... and they were right. I'm 32 now and not a raging alcoholic. I've been drunk once or twice but not in a situation where I'd have to drive home or in a place I didn't know... I knew what to expect because when we had steak for dinner you were welcome to a beer or glass of wine. I wasn't forced, but told the truth: Beer and Steak are awesome together!

If you shelter your kids, they will try to find out this stuff on their own, which is dangerous. Not all parents think like this and that's why kids party so hard at college, get alcohol poisoning, and get into trouble. It's because they're testing their limits. Why the hell do you think Catholic School girls get their reputation? They're sheltered! My wife is like this and we fight about this kind of thing all the time with our kids. My girls don't like the taste of beer that much anyway.

Also, it's not illegal to give your own kids a beer with dinner at home. I don't care what anyone says on this forum it's not illegal. It's illegal to sell it to them, and it's not the wisest thing to let them drink at a restaurant, but a parent has the option to introduce alcohol to their kids in a controlled manner, like I had when I was a teen.

Cheers :drinks:

EDIT: To the OP, I know it sucks being told "no" about going to parties. Have you discussed checking in every hour while your out? If you volunteered some compromise they may be willing to compromise as well. You can try this, too: Don't ask your parents "yes or no" questions, but make it an either/or question, where the expected answer is a "yes"...

i.e. "Mom, I've been invited to a party at a friends house. I know you don't want me out late, so would you rather I came home at 9:30 or would you rather I check in with you every hour while I'm there?:" It's a long shot, but it could work if you phrase it right. I used to sell cars and that either/or tactic made me a lot of money :)

catholic school girls are the only ones I go for now hahah :peepwall:

Low hanging fruit?

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4865 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...