(LOW BUDGET) Need Suggestions for HeadUnit and Sub+amp for a 2002 Mustang GT

Hey everyone my names Austin, and i just got my first car yesterday, its a 2002 Mustang GT with only 53k miles, Clean title Flowmasters, X pipe, Cold Air Intake, etc.. paint is in perfect condition I'm so excited about it, and i got it for an amazing price!! Its been babied and garaged kept and I want to fix it up some, but not to a point where its ridiculous. I'm 17 and I love Loud Bass and clear audio so I want to start off on this car with a nice sound system that will bump, and sound clear, it has a stock Mach system(which sounds very good to be stock)! I need Suggestions on what Head unit, and Subs and Amps I can fit in this car, and would sound good for a good price! All/any help is appreciated!:)

My Mom and Dad are both disabled so they cant do much anymore, and I would like to be able to eventually enter competitions/Car Shows with my Dad. Hes never been able to do much with me because of his back, and I though this would be something great for us both to have some father, son time, because we both love cars and he used to fix them up himself(My dads 65 and he worked on the classics, 64 1/2's, 2+2, Cameros, etc. Thank you guys!!

Hey boss just one question. What kind of budget are we talkin?

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

BUDGET?

Measure how much space you have for the bass section, what size speakers you can fit in the doors, what the electrical is like.

ANd why is this in pro audio/home audio? seriously, couldn't find general audio or something else which fits better? <_<

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

BUDGET?

ANd why is this in pro audio/home audio? seriously, couldn't find general audio or something else which fits better? <_<

Sorry New to the SMD Forums,

If a Mod/Admin could move this topic please?

Well for around $600 without knowing what speakers come stock in your vehicle and what kind of sound you are trying to get out of it. ill give you this rough estimate:

components for the fronts: $50-$100

coaxials for the rears: $30-$60

cheap pioneer headunit+mount+harness: ~$120

1 12" sub: ~$150 (DC level 2 or 3)

amp for sub: $100-$200

wiring kit: $30-$100

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

My sister has 2 kicker comps, a jensen power 900 amp, a jvc HU and jbl components front and rear in her eclipse. The whole setup cost around $600 without the box.It may not be the best but it sounds good

Archived