Second Skin Audio

Reccomend me two 18s

Guys since you are building a system all at once I would really avoid running any amps at half ohm. It is just not a good idea for a daily driver.

In the big picture you will be better off running 1 ohm amps at 1 ohm.

Can you actually give us a positive reason at all to running at .5 ohms?

Current sucking, excessive heat building, almost a dead short .5 ohms. Why do you feel the need to abuse brand new equipment?

I actually want an answer to this because I can't think of any reason what so ever to design a daily system at .5 ohm.

Subs are D1. The way our budget is, we will buy an amp, then save for another. We could get an amp, run it a 1 ohm, but then when we get another each amp will have to be run at .5 to get a 1 ohm final load strapped. If that makes any sense.

Edit: Supercharged's idea would work better? I didnt think about that.

:rofl:

:wub: N8.

No homo...unless you want there to be. :orly3::ehh:

Guys since you are building a system all at once I would really avoid running any amps at half ohm. It is just not a good idea for a daily driver.

In the big picture you will be better off running 1 ohm amps at 1 ohm.

Can you actually give us a positive reason at all to running at .5 ohms?

Current sucking, excessive heat building, almost a dead short .5 ohms. Why do you feel the need to abuse brand new equipment?

I actually want an answer to this because I can't think of any reason what so ever to design a daily system at .5 ohm.

Subs are D1. The way our budget is, we will buy an amp, then save for another. We could get an amp, run it a 1 ohm, but then when we get another each amp will have to be run at .5 to get a 1 ohm final load strapped. If that makes any sense.

Edit: Supercharged's idea would work better? I didnt think about that.

I don't think I get it.

1 ohm strapped is the same as .5 ohm per amp.

Look at this way instead, work with 1 ohm and 2 ohm loads(D1s or D2s) and save your efficientcy and your money in the long run.

I know the fact of the matter is this is your setup and I have no stake in it but I'm just trying to keep headaches and stress down in the big picture. LOL

Isobaric - Refers to the practice of coupling two drivers together to make them act as one.

"Giving up doesn't always mean you are weak; sometimes it means that you are strong enough to let go."

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

The Destruction of a person builds character.

Terryswork001.png

SSA ZCon can't handle 4kw, they just aren't made to do that.

Why not? Did you have a set and they didnt hold up? Wondering why a sub with close to same specs as other subs metioned wouldnt handle the power?? Give me your personal experience with them.

2000 zx2: Rebuild with 8 12s on a 10k underway!!

MY BUILD LOG

i say wait the Lvl5s out, as long as there isint another delay

what coils do you have on your order?

two D1s is what id get

also for power id get a DC 7.5k, i think the two lvl5s would handle it better

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

I plan on waiting it out if there isn't another delay :)

We've ordered two D1s, and though I'd like to get a DC7.5k or 9k, that will come later on after my electrical system is up to par. For now a good 2k+ will be alright.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

that will come later on after my electrical system is up to par. For now a good 2k+ will be alright.

Why don't you just use the gain knob on the amp?

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

SSA ZCon can't handle 4kw, they just aren't made to do that.

[/quote

Why not? Did you have a set and they didnt hold up? Wondering why a sub with close to same specs as other subs metioned wouldnt handle the power?? Give me your personal experience with them.

What do you mean with close specs? The rms wattage? Because thats the only thing close to eachother.

I dont have any experience with them, but ssa builds subs that can get loud efficient and not by just being able to dissapate heat like some subs mentioned..

The build efficient, very musical drivers. The Zcon is their first step to high power handling subwoofers.

It will probably handle a 4kw amp, but not a 4kw that is clamped.(especially not with a class d amp at 0.5 ohms)

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

considering i know the pricing I get for the 7.5k, i can tell you, you will be paying more for the DC 7.5k than 1200$....

no joke, unless you found some retard whos selling it because he blew it, thats the ONLY fucking way in hell you are getting it for that price...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Archived