Sonic Electronix

It is a great way to set everything up. I wouldn't go back to anything under a 8" midbass now. It adds a richness and fullness to the sound. The hardest part will be to set the gains so the midbass and subs marry well. Took me an hour of little tweaks till I was happy with the sound. I found I was able to decrease the gain for the 18s" due to the output of the tens in the doors. hope that helps

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

doesnt that thing only do a 148?

2 18's should be a 152 to 154 easy and 4 18's should be a 155 plus

sorry that shows me how mixing subs done work

That's funny, only a few of the big boys are doing 152-54 with 2 18's and JP wasnt even doing 155 with his 4 18's... obviously Meade does more... but come on... look at the sheer power and the subs man... Plus, it does bout 150 now with both alts... These are not burp boxes and not everyone has a 155+ system... sorry I dissapoint you... Plus Frankenstein took 1st place in M5 in June Jamz with 148.4db in 100 degree weather after demoing all day... I do not think that is that bad for its first run...

diffrent boxes i just didnt wanna have to buy a second amp but i guess i will lol.

.....he won't

1999 Monte Carlo

Sony CDX-GT34w

2 Alpine Type R 12"s in 4 cubes tuned to 35hz

American Bass VFL 80.1 amp @ 1 ohm (probably doing between 1000 and 1300rms)

Stock alt, Stock batt, Big 3 Upgrade

Boston s55- 5 1/4s (doors)

Boston s95- 6x9s (rear deck)

That's funny, only a few of the big boys are doing 152-54 with 2 18's and JP wasnt even doing 155 with his 4 18's... obviously Meade does more... but come on... look at the sheer power and the subs man... Plus, it does bout 150 now with both alts... These are not burp boxes and not everyone has a 155+ system... sorry I dissapoint you... Plus Frankenstein took 1st place in M5 in June Jamz with 148.4db in 100 degree weather after demoing all day... I do not think that is that bad for its first run...

dont mean to affend you its just my opionion

and that is based on the fact we have 12's doing a 151.7 at 38 hz by no means a burp car ether str8 music even does SQ with it

mixing subs dont work.. ill come up with a box just for you 2 18's that will do 150's all day on music toss the 15's

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

dont mean to affend you its just my opionion

and that is based on the fact we have 12's doing a 151.7 at 38 hz by no means a burp car ether str8 music even does SQ with it

mixing subs dont work.. ill come up with a box just for you 2 18's that will do 150's all day on music toss the 15's

How exactly do you know it doesn't work? What was your opinion of how it sounded when you sat in it? When I sat in it I could barely breathe on the low stuff (and I mean lower than 30hz stuff) and my ears felt like they were bleeding above that. Would it be louder on 4 of the exact same subs tuned all the same? Duh. But it wouldn't play nearly as flat across nearly as many frequencies as it does now.

You can't say mixing sub sizes doesn't work. It has it's purpose and it does that very well.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

Argue about your setups elsewhere. To the o.p. don't put 2 different subs on the same amp unless its a badass 4ch and then you need seperate xover points and enclosures to do it properly as stated before.

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg