Distortion Detector DD-1 ...teaser pic for those that purchased

i asked this before but it wasnt answered...for people who use ipods only, can u just copy the cd to your ipod and use the dd-1 to set the gains by using the ipod??...or does it HAVE TO be with the test disc?..i ask because an ipod is usually louder than a cd and if u set your gains with a cd and then swap to an ipod, the gains wouldnt be set properly for that device, right??

Fyerbyrd22 I think I can answer this one. But someone else please chime in if I am correct.

I believe from what I could gather, the best method to use would be to use the most often used form. So if you used your ipod 99% of the time to listen to your music in your car, then rip the songs off the disk and put em on your ipod, and use your ipod to tune it, if you listen to CD's 99% of the time then use the CD to tune it.

I gather that the CD is just to provide the exact clean, non clipped, tones for tuning.

But someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think it would matter which way you do it. Because either way you are setting your gains to the MAX they can be w/o any distortion. But I think i see what your saying.. so if anyone else wants to throw in some input on this do so.

i asked this before but it wasnt answered...for people who use ipods only, can u just copy the cd to your ipod and use the dd-1 to set the gains by using the ipod??...or does it HAVE TO be with the test disc?..i ask because an ipod is usually louder than a cd and if u set your gains with a cd and then swap to an ipod, the gains wouldnt be set properly for that device, right??

Fyerbyrd22 I think I can answer this one. But someone else please chime in if I am correct.

I believe from what I could gather, the best method to use would be to use the most often used form. So if you used your ipod 99% of the time to listen to your music in your car, then rip the songs off the disk and put em on your ipod, and use your ipod to tune it, if you listen to CD's 99% of the time then use the CD to tune it.

I gather that the CD is just to provide the exact clean, non clipped, tones for tuning.

I don't think it would matter which way you do it. Because either way you are setting your gains to the MAX they can be w/o any distortion. But I think i see what your saying.. so if anyone else wants to throw in some input on this do so.

It would depending upon the media player used. If you set it though CD, you'll be using "0db" (don't know if this is the correct terminology, but bear with me). When you rip it to your computer, you'll have some losses due to compression. When you transfer to your iPod, if you connect through the headphone jack, the iPod may boost the output by a few DB.

It does make a difference. Will the difference be large enough to cause you a problem? Likely not. Set your gains by the method you most often listen to music.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

• 2 weeks later...

I looked on West Coast Car Audio and it sayes they are still on Pre-order.. Is this true?

-Ross

Project Layla

Truck: 99' F-150

Gathering things for my next build.

SoloX18 build:

http://www.stevemead..._1#entry1576460

RE T-line build:

http://www.stevemead...-between-build/

It would depending upon the media player used. If you set it though CD, you'll be using "0db" (don't know if this is the correct terminology, but bear with me). When you rip it to your computer, you'll have some losses due to compression. When you transfer to your iPod, if you connect through the headphone jack, the iPod may boost the output by a few DB.

It does make a difference. Will the difference be large enough to cause you a problem? Likely not. Set your gains by the method you most often listen to music.

you need to set it with the media player that is most often used, regardless. i set it through my cd player, and played through my ipod and it caused some major issues. yes you're setting it to the max to not clip...through that specific media player that you set it through. setting it from a cd player is not necessarily set to play through an ipod.

you need to set it with the media player that is most often used, regardless. i set it through my cd player, and played through my ipod and it caused some major issues. yes you're setting it to the max to not clip...through that specific media player that you set it through. setting it from a cd player is not necessarily set to play through an ipod.

I didn't think it would be that big a deal. :shrug:

Now I know...and knowing is half the battle.

GI JOE!

@knowledge

Word.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert