Distortion Detector DD-1 ...teaser pic for those that purchased

ready to see that video!!, guess this means my tpi 440 will just be my DMM :drink40:

Steve, whats the diffrence between the gain setting tracks? as in the

40hz @-0db

40hz @-5db

40hz @-10db

40hz @-15db

how do i know witch one to use? is it about the way you play your system and what kinda music? its always kinda confused me LOL

x2 on this lol.

2008 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7l Cummins

4 FT1s

C1600.2

8 PWX 8s
ONX2.100

Audio Technix Wiring & Sound Deadener

My Youtube

Feedback

did these already get mailed out..? i never got an email hahaha

Really dude? Read the thread. Actually, the first post will tell you all you need to know.

Edit; http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/116199-smd-dd-1-announcement-please-read-if-you-purchased/

ah... I see. Thank you! I didn't see that thread :ehh:

i asked this before but it wasnt answered...for people who use ipods only, can u just copy the cd to your ipod and use the dd-1 to set the gains by using the ipod??...or does it HAVE TO be with the test disc?..i ask because an ipod is usually louder than a cd and if u set your gains with a cd and then swap to an ipod, the gains wouldnt be set properly for that device, right??

Fyerbyrd22 I think I can answer this one. But someone else please chime in if I am correct.

I believe from what I could gather, the best method to use would be to use the most often used form. So if you used your ipod 99% of the time to listen to your music in your car, then rip the songs off the disk and put em on your ipod, and use your ipod to tune it, if you listen to CD's 99% of the time then use the CD to tune it.

I gather that the CD is just to provide the exact clean, non clipped, tones for tuning.

But someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think it would matter which way you do it. Because either way you are setting your gains to the MAX they can be w/o any distortion. But I think i see what your saying.. so if anyone else wants to throw in some input on this do so.

It would depending upon the media player used. If you set it though CD, you'll be using "0db" (don't know if this is the correct terminology, but bear with me). When you rip it to your computer, you'll have some losses due to compression. When you transfer to your iPod, if you connect through the headphone jack, the iPod may boost the output by a few DB.

It does make a difference. Will the difference be large enough to cause you a problem? Likely not. Set your gains by the method you most often listen to music.

you need to set it with the media player that is most often used, regardless. i set it through my cd player, and played through my ipod and it caused some major issues. yes you're setting it to the max to not clip...through that specific media player that you set it through. setting it from a cd player is not necessarily set to play through an ipod.

so i was correct, that since i never use my cd on the hu, i should burn the disc to my ipod and use that to set my gains??

personal build in progress

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188656-2013-kia-sorento-6-12-no-wall/

www.facebook.com/TurbulentDesigns

i asked this before but it wasnt answered...for people who use ipods only, can u just copy the cd to your ipod and use the dd-1 to set the gains by using the ipod??...or does it HAVE TO be with the test disc?..i ask because an ipod is usually louder than a cd and if u set your gains with a cd and then swap to an ipod, the gains wouldnt be set properly for that device, right??

Fyerbyrd22 I think I can answer this one. But someone else please chime in if I am correct.

I believe from what I could gather, the best method to use would be to use the most often used form. So if you used your ipod 99% of the time to listen to your music in your car, then rip the songs off the disk and put em on your ipod, and use your ipod to tune it, if you listen to CD's 99% of the time then use the CD to tune it.

I gather that the CD is just to provide the exact clean, non clipped, tones for tuning.

But someone feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I don't think it would matter which way you do it. Because either way you are setting your gains to the MAX they can be w/o any distortion. But I think i see what your saying.. so if anyone else wants to throw in some input on this do so.

It would depending upon the media player used. If you set it though CD, you'll be using "0db" (don't know if this is the correct terminology, but bear with me). When you rip it to your computer, you'll have some losses due to compression. When you transfer to your iPod, if you connect through the headphone jack, the iPod may boost the output by a few DB.

It does make a difference. Will the difference be large enough to cause you a problem? Likely not. Set your gains by the method you most often listen to music.

you need to set it with the media player that is most often used, regardless. i set it through my cd player, and played through my ipod and it caused some major issues. yes you're setting it to the max to not clip...through that specific media player that you set it through. setting it from a cd player is not necessarily set to play through an ipod.

so i was correct, that since i never use my cd on the hu, i should burn the disc to my ipod and use that to set my gains??

Yes rip the disc to iTunes and do it in Lossless. The files will be big, but there won't be compression.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

ready to see that video!!, guess this means my tpi 440 will just be my DMM :drink40:

Steve, whats the diffrence between the gain setting tracks? as in the

40hz @-0db

40hz @-5db

40hz @-10db

40hz @-15db

how do i know witch one to use? is it about the way you play your system and what kinda music? its always kinda confused me LOL

x2 on this lol.

x3, I know Ric at PCA said he used the -5db track for sub amps, but I would think it would depend on the music you listen to?

So are these shipping?

Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.
Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470
Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)
Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1
Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4
Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.
Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AH
Alternator: 250A Excessive Amperage.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

I'm still "attempting" to save up for one of these.

X2

2001 is300Headunit: JVC KD-X50BTHighs/Mids: StockHigh/Mids Amp: NASubwoofer: DC Audio LV4 12"Subwoofer Box: DLDesigns Box tuned to 32HzSubwoofer Amp: AQ 2200DElectrical: NA Performance:SRT Racing intake with ECUHKS Super Dragger 2BC Racing Coilovers

BC 264 stage 2 cams

full head build with BC Valves, Retainers, and springs

Dezod Green Race Header Comming soon/Thinking about<p>Electrical: XS power under the hood (Suggestions Welcome)​Performance: BC Cams,Cam gears, maybe GTE Swap down the lineMy YouTube Channel Subscribe and i'll return the favor!Xbox Live Team Website.My First Official Box Build.My FacebooK