Alright, I have a weird story of why i got into car audio, which is why i wondered why you got into it?

2 Years ago (today actually, 7-11-09) my little brother was hit by a old lady and murdered (He was only 13)

Him, his twin, and I used to like to go on walks EVERYWHERE and one day we heard a loud "Boom boom" in the distance

He looked at me and said "Bro one day, i will have that in my car" and i just nodded and said sureee ya will

Well now that i look back thats probably one of the only un-assuring things ive ever done with my lil brothers

and from then on vouched that I would get the system and the car of his dreams and dedicate it to him

So in all honesty, my brother is the biggest reason that i got into bass, and honestly it was worth it... because it keeps my memories of him alive, and that just makes me feel so much better :)

So... why did YOU get into car audio :D?!

~This is added to the post you have just read:

I appreciate everything you guys do, and I hope you understand how much it matters to have people like you helping me learn

thanks so much

~Check my youtube for my music and my car audio: http://www.youtube.com/1ohmstable

~Rip dustin 7-11-09

Memorial build log: http://www.stevemead...memorial-build/

ive always been into cars, ever since i was a kid. when i got my first car of course everybody else was puttin stuff in their rides, so i wanted to as well. so i guess i did it cause the Chicks dig it lol. but im glad i did cause now i dont get wreckless driving tickets cause i jus like to cruise loud and low!

NOBODY'S A VIRGIN CAUSE LIFE SCREWS EVERYONE!

So sorry to hear about your brother man, but it's a great thing that you are keeping his dream and memory alive!

I got into car audio because I like to feel my music as well as hear it. It's also something different, not many people know anything about car audio, so it's the perfect hobby for me. I love music, and I love doing something different from the crowd. It's also nice to have friends ask for advice and help when they look into sound systems. Makes me feel useful :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I think a big part was steve watching his videos on Youtube. I have always loved music and I like it loud. Now I'm really big into it.

Edited by vettedude102

2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette

2003 corvette z06

alpine radio and the bose system that came stock

My friends pressured me into my first system, I caught the bug and learned a monstrous amount in the mean time...now it is my hobby and my life, if there was money to be made in it, I would do it for a living. (I live in bfe where no one has the coin to toss for a quality system.)

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

see im like u superchargedDcs i love the feeling of the air being pushed out of ur chest and then u holdin that stone cold killer face like meade does, while u look over and whoever ur demoing for is freakin the fuck out, or ur girl is bitchin for u to turn it down lol. Ive learned alot from this forum, personal experience, and from moving all over the country and meetin fellow bassheads. but still i do it cause The Chicks Dig It lol. btw superchargedDCs im goin to try to come to that show the 30th, maybe we can meet up?

NOBODY'S A VIRGIN CAUSE LIFE SCREWS EVERYONE!

sorry bout ur little bro man that sucks =(, i got into car audio because i love figuring things out and i love bass! its always something new to deal with and your always learning new and cooler things. plus the women like nice crisp bass :yahoo:

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

My buddy and myself always used to hang out with the high school kids when we were in 7th and 8th grade back when NOPI was still in it's prime and EVERYONE wanted a system, when I was 14 I built my first system in my old beater car my Aunt gave me to learn to drive a manual transmission in. By the time I was 16 I had built my first custom box in my first truck, and was wiring all my friends up. In high school I became the go-to guy to get it all wired up, boxes built, equipment suggested, etc. My Junior and Senior years of high school I got into competing and me and my cousin built a Jeep Cherokee with 2 Memphis Mojo 12's off of 4 Directed 2400D's as my first serious setup on the meter, it put out decent numbers. Before SBN in 07 we rebuilt it with 4 Audiobahn Immortal 12's off the same amps. After high school I pretty well had gotten out for 3-4 years before winning a Kicker CVT 10" and Kicker ZX300.1 at a car show. Put it in my Camaro at the time and the bug bit again, went through 3 vehicles since then, and probably 20 setups. Now I do installs and boxes at a local shop, as well as custom boxes on the side. I'm pretty well bored with my truck and what to do with it right now, so I decided to stuff a 15" under the seat and that's when I ended up here.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(