Sundown Audio

Audiopipe amp

Grelko

Ive used them, They do rated power. My only complaint is they arent great for daily drivers. Mine would get hot after driving around for an hour or so...but i dont know many amps that dont get hot after an hour of bumpin...

Most people say they have "dirty power" im not sure how power can be dirty. I have heard this from people thou. I think they are good amps for the price.

Because you don't have to clip to have distortion...

I ran mine at about 60% gain, two of them at 2 ohm. Never had any distortion or clipping from them. Sounded great, just seemed to get warm after a while. They are extremely touchy on tuning thou.

To OP, they shouldn't go into protect, some people have had good luck dropping them below recommended impedance, i however would not suggest it. They will do what they say they will do...

That tells me jack shit.

ok, what else would you like to know?

Xterra * 69 Camaro * Audi S5

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

looking for wire sponsor :) 

www.flyracing.com

Ive used them, They do rated power. My only complaint is they arent great for daily drivers. Mine would get hot after driving around for an hour or so...but i dont know many amps that dont get hot after an hour of bumpin...

Most people say they have "dirty power" im not sure how power can be dirty. I have heard this from people thou. I think they are good amps for the price.

I ran mine at about 60% gain, two of them at 2 ohm. Never had any distortion or clipping from them. Sounded great, just seemed to get warm after a while. They are extremely touchy on tuning thou.

To OP, they shouldn't go into protect, some people have had good luck dropping them below recommended impedance, i however would not suggest it. They will do what they say they will do...

That tells me jack shit.

My point is, saying the gain is at a certain percentage tells nobody anything. The gain is not a volume knob. If my head unit has 500mv pre outs, I can turn the gain to 100%. Congratulations?

For the money, you would be hard pressed to find a better dollar to watt ratio. But the audio pipe is not on the level with something like a Sundown SAZ-1500d.

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Kid at work has one.plays it daily at .5 ohm per channel.on weak electrical.it works.not sure if it gets hot or not.so far hasn't shut down.he pushes two 18.

good to know it hasnt shut down on him, now if i can just find 4x 18s to run, looked at Fi Btls "3Kw 1.5k rms" 1 ohm IF my budget can handle those and the full install.

also sounds like hes running it with a stock alternator+ yellowcaps 1/0, should be fine for what im planning. tuned 30-50 hz or around there,

If you plan to get two AP3000, you'll need much more than stock alt and "yellowcaps 1/0"...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Kid at work has one.plays it daily at .5 ohm per channel.on weak electrical.it works.not sure if it gets hot or not.so far hasn't shut down.he pushes two 18.

good to know it hasnt shut down on him, now if i can just find 4x 18s to run, looked at Fi Btls "3Kw 1.5k rms" 1 ohm IF my budget can handle those and the full install.

also sounds like hes running it with a stock alternator+ yellowcaps 1/0, should be fine for what im planning. tuned 30-50 hz or around there,

Very stock...stock alt kicker 4 gauge.stock batt under hood.one kinetik 2000.1/0 from amp kinetik.in tahoe box tuned 35 I think.

edit:but really it works not loud for two 18.

That tells me jack shit.

My point is, saying the gain is at a certain percentage tells nobody anything. The gain is not a volume knob. If my head unit has 500mv pre outs, I can turn the gain to 100%. Congratulations?

For the money, you would be hard pressed to find a better dollar to watt ratio. But the audio pipe is not on the level with something like a Sundown SAZ-1500

you are correct, it is not a volume knob, however does have to do with how hard the amp works. Otherwise there wouldnt be an adjustment for it. An amp turned all the way down has a less chance of distortion and going into protect than one that is turned up. Hints why you should tune it properly. Alot of things can determine destortion, not all of them include the amp itself. Sorry to thread jack OP

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

If you plan to get two AP3000, you'll need much more than stock alt and "yellowcaps 1/0"...

i was wondering about how to power them, best alternator i can get for my van without re-do'ing alot under the hood is around 100-140, i have a 78amp in there right now "stock" wouldnt it be possible to run a battery cap and a couple yellowtop 400 amp for it? dont want to use capacitors, and what wire should i be using to get the 1 ohm 1500rms from the setup?

first big install for the van

Optimus XL-400w amp 2x 10s IMPP 400w 2x something or other in dash 2x 35w radioshack 8" full-range AcDelco factory radio "frankenstein'd from my dead buick" Dodge seats 1984 Chevy G30 full size 1-ton van "Rust Monster" Progress - around 15% primer/patching

Sold the van in 2014, had it about 75% done, never did get the system in it. Bought a 2000 Chevy S10, still using the same amp/subs. Headunit is XO Vision X538. It's 52x4w, has a dvd player, auto flip out 7" touch screen plus alot more and is a single din.

Your going to need the big 3 done. And some 1/0 from the alt to the rear battery bank. As far as power goes, you'll need more than a pair of yellow tops. They will do rated no problem, but you gotta feed them the power they want. They tend to get power hungry. As with any larger amp. Im not saying they are on the level with sundown, or DC for example, they are just good power for the money. I would plan 3-4 31 series glass mats and 2-3 runs of power and ground for them. I doubt you would need more than 140 amps of alt to run it all, if you have the proper grounds...

36 Ford * 51 Mercury 

www.flyracing.com

i was wondering about how to power them, best alternator i can get for my van without re-do'ing alot under the hood is around 100-140, i have a 78amp in there right now "stock" wouldnt it be possible to run a battery cap and a couple yellowtop 400 amp for it? dont want to use capacitors, and what wire should i be using to get the 1 ohm 1500rms from the setup?

first big install for the van

A simply 140A alt won't be good enough. Look into getting a custom H/O alternator from Mechman or DC Power, 270A at least. Then I'd run a XSD3400 under the hood and two XS D3100s in the rear, one per amp. Do the Big 3, and all wiring in 1/0gauge. And you would need 2 DVC2ohm subwoofers to run at the 3000x1@2ohm/ 1500x2@1ohm per amp.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I've ran an AP3000, AP1800, and I'm currently running an AP1500. I love them for the money, my 1500 daily doesn't even get remotely hot at 1ohm. They have all treated me well. Of course they are no T25001BDCP or anything, but it's not bad.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

Archived