Second Skin Audio

Alpha Damp - The Worlds Strongest CLD!

I'm sorry I should rephrase that.

It IS denser and supposedly has a stronger bonding strength then Damplifier and Damplifier Pro. I really need to quit replying to threads when I'm this tired.

I don't think the bonding strength of Damplifier or Damplifier Pro has ever been an issue or complaint people had.

The selling point is that you will use less product to achieve better results. This will save you time, effort, and money. When you're looking at $140 retail to do an entire vehicle, doesn't that sound awesome?

Now that's a seller! Sign me up! :wub::clapping:

Team Bass-Hz

I'm sorry I should rephrase that.

It IS denser and supposedly has a stronger bonding strength then Damplifier and Damplifier Pro. I really need to quit replying to threads when I'm this tired.

I don't think the bonding strength of Damplifier or Damplifier Pro has ever been an issue or complaint people had.

The selling point is that you will use less product to achieve better results. This will save you time, effort, and money. When you're looking at $140 retail to do an entire vehicle, doesn't that sound awesome?

I doubt that will cut it for most people here. 4 of those packs should put a dent in it though. :yahoo:

ive been meaning to order some more stuff. guess ill just wait for this. but ive never had any probs with adhesion. ive stuck the damplifier to my dusty trunk and its stayed in place for 8 months so far.

1992 Camry "Stormtrooper"Quantum Audio DVD/USB/AUX 3.5" single din H/UXS D690Cadence 0g wiring and Kicker 4g wiring(2) Selenium 6w4p's(2) Selenium ST200'sKicker 200.4 (mids & highs)(1)Kicker and (2)Stinger RCA'sSecondSkin in trunk and doors12K HIDsMulitcolor Angel EyesSoon to be done:Big 3Mechman H/O Altsubs?amp?

That thing is going to eat people nearby cars, unsecured objects, and small children

Fixed!

wow nice. i wanted nos on my car but the gf said no. i was just gunna do a 50 shot tho haha

Get a new girlfriend.

What about putting this stuff on my roof? Ss pro is pretty heavy stuff as it is. This looks to be 3x as thick and 3x as heavy. I know you said its got stronger glue, which is probably enough for a trunck or doors. What about a roof? Has this been tested yet?

Edited by 94retta(219)

i have 2 layers of damp pro on my roof and its holding up. i even have damp pro holding up 6 rca runs on my roof and motormat pro. idk how weight even comes into play when ur just putting on the product but if regular damp pro can hold up that shit then im sure alpha damp can hold up... alpha damp

100_0745.jpg

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

I doubt that will cut it for most people here. 4 of those packs should put a dent in it though. :yahoo:

Just wait for next years product, Damp Bar. It's a 6' long steel I beam with a 1" butyl adhesive layer... same peel and stick application. Great for all those pesky "flex issues" everyone seems to have. :rofl:

:D

What about putting this stuff on my roof? Ss pro is pretty heavy stuff as it is. This looks to be 3x as thick and 3x as heavy. I know you said its got stronger glue, which is probably enough for a trunck or doors. What about a roof? Has this been tested yet?

The product has been tested, just not by me. I like to touch, taste, and smell every product out there so expect to see and hear more about this when I get my hands on it. :)

The product is actually thinner than Damplifier Pro. Thinner and yet a better performing product... the miracles of science. ;)

Weight wise I haven't heard the final on that. It'll probably be between Damplifier and Damplifier Pro, so around .5 pounds per sq. ft. or something like that. Don't hold me to that though, the denser rubber may tack on a bit more weight.

Damn emp, I think that is one of the few shots I haven't seen (or I don't remember seeing).

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Oh! My bad then, the picture that was posted just looks to be really thick. I have damp pro on my roof now and it seems to do great i was just worried about the seasons i get and the affect of heating a cooling would be on it. Just goes to show ss is a great company and has thought of everything!

I figured it was just bad phrasing, had to bust your balls.

Ill keep watching for it and order up when its ready.

Eta? 60days?

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

More like new choice of Interior material :D

http://secondskinaud...read.php?t=6061

Ah nice!

I remember that thread... been a while since you posted. :lol:

Yeah, project has been on funding hold for a while now.

Sounds like its coming out about the same time I'll need another 200sf ;)

Is this for personal use or are you trafficking? :D

More like new choice of Interior material :D

http://secondskinaud...read.php?t=6061

Bill, nice thread. How much deadener did you use? Im needing to do my whole civic and was wondering how many layers you needed to use? Or should I do just one full layer of alpha tiles? :clapping:

Hey jon, question for you. I have a decent amount of SS used, but I want as deadened as I can get as well as blocking out as much external noise as I can. What kind of 'layering' do I need. I've seen your post on how much you have in your truck from DIYMA, but was curious what you suggest. Between the damp pro/alpha tiles, then just LL pro? Or do I also need overkill? Educate meh! PM me if you have to. :popcorn:

I started with 240sf of damp pro. I have some pretty open runs of un supported metal so I wanted to make sure I was able to control body flex. 2 layers in each door. Inner and then outer skin. single layer over the top of another product on the floor and then a layer throughout the roof with a second layer between frame supports. It is a noticeable difference in noise reduction and from rattles. I have no system in the truck so I have plenty of time to listen to road noise.

Where I really noticed a reduction in road noise is when I added the LLP to the floor. each type of product offers a benefit in reduction to different kinds of noise. So a combo of a few different products in the right areas are key.

When money is right I will finish off the Damp pro in the rear and get the Overkill pro for all the panels.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Oh! My bad then, the picture that was posted just looks to be really thick. I have damp pro on my roof now and it seems to do great i was just worried about the seasons i get and the affect of heating a cooling would be on it. Just goes to show ss is a great company and has thought of everything!

No problem. And yes the Alpha Damp looks thick as f*ck in that picture.

With Damplifier and Damplifier Pro (and assumably Alpha Damp), the adhesion strength gets stronger and stronger over time. There is I think two or three other products that have this "feature", very nice if you install it and need to remove it or reposition it.

But chances are you wont have any issues with it being installed on the roof.

I figured it was just bad phrasing, had to bust your balls.

Ill keep watching for it and order up when its ready.

Eta? 60days?

Bust away! Keeps me on my toes. ;)

ETA is less then that, probably looking at 21-28 days now.

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png