Man those pods turned out nice! I like your thoughts on the trunk set up. Very well planed out. I think, no on glass, yes on plexi or acrylic. Probably better go with acrylic. More durable, especially in a trunk, and will last longer. But a little more expensive. If you look at it though, you replace that plexi once, and you'll hit the cost of the one time acrylic. Make since? Keep it up. Nice job!

Jeremy: Yep, with my focus on SQ and with the drivers being "made in Norway"(maybe just assembled) they appeal to me :)

I might also run with Seas mids, but i also have my eye on some Danish Scan-Peak drivers with neo magnets. For tweeters I'm looking at some Peerless V-series, also with neo magnets. They are small and should fit in stock location with minor mods. They are also low priced but are said to perform well, regardless of price. Or maybe i can do just a 4" fullrange from Tang Band.. When my toughts clear up and I decide I will update my first post!

Saab 9000 build? You have my attention. :pardon:

Hope you like it!

With a headliner like that eclipsechris should chime in...looks great so far man those doors look really nice

Sadly this is no match to his furry GTI! And yes, i hope they turn out good :)

Also, i got work the next two weeks, so then I will get some money to get things moving along.

It litterally took me around 30 seconds from I entered the building til I had a deal.

I'm paraphrasing but it went something like this:

I walked in the front door, right down a hallway and in to the office of one of the bosses.

Me: Do you have work for me?

Him: *Thinking a few sec* Monday

Me: Ok, thank you, goodbye!

(I'm going to leave out the rest of the details as it would make it non-impressive)

thats crazy the tweets I had were the perless tweets 1in soft domes with replaceable voice coils and they were so clean sounding

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

Man those pods turned out nice! I like your thoughts on the trunk set up. Very well planed out. I think, no on glass, yes on plexi or acrylic. Probably better go with acrylic. More durable, especially in a trunk, and will last longer. But a little more expensive. If you look at it though, you replace that plexi once, and you'll hit the cost of the one time acrylic. Make since? Keep it up. Nice job!

Thanks! Also glad you like the layout, i want to keep some space, also access to the spear tire well for storage. Not shure how I'll do the woofers yet, driver and port placement, or sealed etc.

Definetly not normal glass no! It wasn't ment as glas OR plex, my bad! I'll look into the acrylic ones, but i dont think this car wil last more than a couple more years. Then again, if they are cut to perfect fit for the amps I can use them over again later.. Depends on prices though.

Read changes in first post!

Ok, here for a closer look at some of the exact equipment i want:

Probable one of theese fullrange drivers

ta0402.jpg

ta0403.jpg

First frontstage amp, 4ch 2ohm stable, but all drivers are 8ohms (I think that's good for dynamics?)

as8410.jpg

Probably this 2ch for subs, it says 640w in 4ohms bridged, allthough number of watts isn't the most important thing here.

as8220.jpg

But this would be awesome, more power reserves means more controll and dynamics? 2ch, rated 1100w in 4ohms bridged.

as8230.jpg

Very nice ... :popcorn:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

My two work wheeks are now over and i can get back to working on this stereo, hopefully tomorrow i will a sheet of plywood to start on the floor. Also i hope to get my vinyl ordered, aswell as some other things for the car:

Need new discs and brake pads all around:

IMAG0617.jpg

IMAG0616.jpg

And parts for the clutch system, look at that welding on the master cylinder <_< :

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0621.jpg

And a small change in my SketchUp rendering, might want input on driver and port(not drawn yet) placement:

designx2.jpg

It's nice to see another sq oriented build. You're not alone. lol That's a nice choice for your amps. I see the fullrange drivers but couldn't find the name. Markaudio, fostex, seas? Alot of young bucks aren't familiar with those drivers but they are some of the best. I'm looking forward to more build pics and some demo vids.

2005 Ford Focus zx4

AMT's and Planars

18" Infinite baffle

I guess i forgot to mention that :pardon: They are Tang Bands, not considered high end stuff i believe, but they should be very decent. The black one with the paper cone is a W4-1320SJ. The other with the titanium cone is called W4-1337SD.

Build pics should come out tomorrow, the weather people have promised good temps and sun so it should be great!

Archived