Second Skin Audio

Two Alpine Type R 12's w/ Hifonics Brutus 1200D

Next time Best Buy has the Alpine Type R's BOGO I'm going to pick up a pair of the D4 ones for my 99 Corolla.

I know that there is better out there but I'm trying not to spend to much since I'm getting a new vehicle in a year or so.

Right now my Corolla has all stock electrical and I have some Dual 12" subs in a "band pass box with a Dual 470w amp wired with some 6ga wire.

My plan is to get an Optima Yellow Top and do the Big III before getting anything so i have a decent electrical system.

Then once that is done in going to get the Hifonics Brutua BRZ-1200D from Audio Savings with a 4ga wiring kit. That way I'll be able to upgrade my wiring and amp since on 4ohms it does 600w which is the max rms for the subs/box I have right now.

Then I'll just need to get the Type R's and build a box for them and I'll be set.

I solely listen to Dubstep and Hip-hop no rock or anything like that so I want to tune low.

Would it be worth the trouble of sealing the box to my cabin or just have them facing backwards toward the trunk?

Also what he would you recommend I tube my box to and sq. of port area?

Next time Best Buy has the Alpine Type R's BOGO I'm going to pick up a pair of the D4 ones for my 99 Corolla.

I know that there is better out there but I'm trying not to spend to much since I'm getting a new vehicle in a year or so.

Right now my Corolla has all stock electrical and I have some Dual 12" subs in a "band pass box with a Dual 470w amp wired with some 6ga wire.

My plan is to get an Optima Yellow Top and do the Big III before getting anything so i have a decent electrical system.

Then once that is done in going to get the Hifonics Brutua BRZ-1200D from Audio Savings with a 4ga wiring kit. That way I'll be able to upgrade my wiring and amp since on 4ohms it does 600w which is the max rms for the subs/box I have right now.

Then I'll just need to get the Type R's and build a box for them and I'll be set.

I solely listen to Dubstep and Hip-hop no rock or anything like that so I want to tune low.

Would it be worth the trouble of sealing the box to my cabin or just have them facing backwards toward the trunk?

Tune the box to about 33-34hz with 12-16"^2 per cube. A nice ported eclosure firing toward the rear should be plenty loud enough for that setup.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I am a fan of forward facing box sealed off from the trunk but it doesn't really matter either way. for hip hop and dubstep i would say tuning your box around 30-33 would be good. for port area just use between 12-16 sq in of port per cube

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

Might want to check out the rockford punch stage 3's. I'm a little biased cause I am a fan of rockford and not anything at best buy but if you go to a car audio shop they have buy one get one on them all the time. At least the ones around here do.

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

its a pair of them so 120 each? 600 rms is not cheap?

its a pair of them so 120 each? 600 rms is not cheap?

Was cheapest I found in the whole 2 mins i spent looking. Of course you could probably get even cheaper bidding or elsewhere.

TEAM DC

www.dcsoundlab.com

2003 Tiburon GT V6 6 Speed

Ported Clam

6 12" DC Audio XL M2's

2 American Bass 1100.1

1 American Bass 350.4

3 D3100, 1 D975, 3 D925

Second Skin Damp Pro and Spectrum.

About 75% done

153.6 Sealed on dash at 34hz

TDH.jpg

I'd take the type r's over the punch 3's anyway.if you can get them for $200 I say go for it

so far...

HU- pioneer DEH-P59001B

Amp- crescendo BC2000D

Wire- 1/0 awg welding lead

Electric- Big 3 ^same wire

Subs- 2 Obsidian Audio 12 d4's

Box 4ft^3 ported at 33hz. designed by Ram-Designs