Second Skin Audio

NEED HELP!!!!!

Just built a system, i thought would be the best one i've had yet. So i went from 4 15" old Rockford XLC's that are rated at 400 watts, each box was ported and at 4.5 cubic feet. ran from 2 punch 800's. Now i have 2 15" Shocker mini's and a power 2500-1bd ran at 1 ohm. i think i should hit harder but im not. i have 12.7 cubic feet for both and is it possible to have a port too big. i would think my subs should be moving and the are pretty much just sitting there. please help. i have a 01 denali xl the box is where the third row seat was at. also could it be becuase my box and port, which is facing back of course, be too far from the back door. it is 26" would it hit harded being closer. thanks for your time......

sounds like a combination of your box is way to big and to far from your back wall. move it so its like 6" from the back and try again.

BTW name brand has nothing to do with how hard your subs are hitting.

VbjgkeI.jpg

F6CNB9e.jpg
Team Sundown Audio / Team XS Power / Team SHOK

SMD Super Buyer/Seller

www.sundownaudio.com

www.shokindustries.com

www.4xspower.com

www.excessiveamperage.com

Never heard of the subs before and what was pointed out is that your box is way to large for the subs, something along the lines of 3.5cf to 4.0cf per sub tuned anywhere from 32 to 38 with 12" to 16" of port area per cf.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Just built a system, i thought would be the best one i've had yet. So i went from 4 15" old Rockford XLC's that are rated at 400 watts, each box was ported and at 4.5 cubic feet. ran from 2 punch 800's. Now i have 2 15" Shocker mini's and a power 2500-1bd ran at 1 ohm. i think i should hit harder but im not. i have 12.7 cubic feet for both and is it possible to have a port too big. i would think my subs should be moving and the are pretty much just sitting there. please help. i have a 01 denali xl the box is where the third row seat was at. also could it be becuase my box and port, which is facing back of course, be too far from the back door. it is 26" would it hit harded being closer. thanks guys. there is a kid in town that has 2 Audiopipe amps and 4 12" SPL subs. and i think i should be hitting harder considering i have name brand...i thought anyways....thanks for your time......

this makes me giggle :lol:

:Doh:

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Box is wayyyyy too big. Try shrinking it down to 3.5 or so per sub net, no experience with that particular sub so I don't know what would be exactly optimal but it would be better than what you have right now. Also move it back closer to the hatch, try getting it just slightly over the width of the port from the hatch.

And just because you have name brand shit doesn't mean it's going to be louder if it's in a shit install, and bad box.

-Zach-

2010 Toyota Tundra
Full Hybrid Audio SQ

7" BDS on 37's

2000 Ford Expedition

160+ dB Green Turd -SOLD- :(

For port size, multiply HxW. Soo, 12x11=132sqin of port area. Then, to find out how much port area per cube you have, divide your total port area (132) by your net airspace (12.7)... So, 132/12.7= 10.39sqin per cube :)

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

Archived