DC Sound Lab

I have a set of xl 12's in a mini van. At a single point show the night before i built a 4 cu/ft box with a 10" port, 36" long tuned at 45hz. Power is not the problem but only hit a 144.7 and was rather disapointed at it. Without building a wall with a huge port to crawl in i just cant seem to wrap my head around this. Getting old a guess wife will not allow a wall anymore.

The point is i was thinking 3cu/ft with aeros but never in my whole life ever played with them. Any ideas on what a good spl box would be?

-Angel

-Angel

45 Hz is pretty high tuning but i dont know what sounds best or gets loudest in a minivan. look up exocontralto on youtube and he could give you some goo info on getting a minivan loud. he had one setup that was sub up port to the drivers side that got loud. but id say just talk to him for good info

1999 Audi A4 1.8T:::

4 - DC Level 3 10's in a 4th order

Rockford P6002 on Subs for now (3-3.5k coming eventually)

MB Quart ONX4.60 for Mids and Highs

Boston S50 Components in Front

Boston S65 Coaxials in Rear

40 Sq Ft of Second Skin Damplifier

Build Thread

UBL

1948 Plymouth

45 Hz is pretty high tuning but i dont know what sounds best or gets loudest in a minivan. look up exocontralto on youtube and he could give you some goo info on getting a minivan loud. he had one setup that was sub up port to the drivers side that got loud. but id say just talk to him for good info

Tell me about it.. Never played with a mini van.. I think i'm ready to dust off the old 18" strokers and the USA6000 LOL.... Nah i like the dc's. I will look him up, thanks for the into.

-Angel

-Angel

I built a dodge mini van last fall for a friend with 4 xl 18d and 4 powerbass 3ks that was playing music at a 153 at 30hz.

Not bad, Tonight i'm going to experament a little with either a 4th or a 6th order. If worse case i may just do a 1.5cu/ft box with 2-300 sq inches of areo port.

-Angel

I built a dodge mini van last fall for a friend with 4 xl 18d and 4 powerbass 3ks that was playing music at a 153 at 30hz.

Not bad, Tonight i'm going to experament a little with either a 4th or a 6th order. If worse case i may just do a 1.5cu/ft box with 2-300 sq inches of areo port.

That's a ton of port for 1.5cubes. How do you plan to achieve that?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.