100 rms components

I thought u were referring to the ones orionstang was selling, ill check them out, also those jbls as well, I know someone who swears by jbl so he might have them haha. Any other suggestions?

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own
4 - 18" lvl 6s (m3) w/full Carbon Fiber option

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

On 8/2/2013 at 8:13 PM, n8ball2013 said:

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

the ones i have in sig, 90w rms.. and 2 ohms.. but ive got 160 going to each side of mine, and they love it, and sound fucking awesome.. and arent expensive at all

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll have to check them out next time I'm on a computer

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

this is much worse. Its old n8 without the time or patience to hold fucking hands. I'm supposed to be doing school work but yet here i am making sure jr fuck fuck isn't trying to poke the other kids with a stick.

If you're looking for a component set that can overcome being drowned out by your subwoofers, I'd probably stay away from Alpine products. Historically speaking, Alpine components have always been kinda mellow and laid back...not something that could get nasty when you wanted it too nor were they something that could get very loud. I still lust after some DDDrives...but that's for another post.

Speakers I'd recommend if you're on a budget and have some sort of EQ; a used set of the old Boston Pros. Those things were damn near indestructible and they sounded awesome after being EQ'd. The newer ones sound just as good, if not better, but I'm not sure how abusive you are with your system as the newer Bostons may not be as tough (neo magnets can't take a lot of heat). Oh, and Boston will warranty anything. They're a very cool company so long as the speakers were originally bought at a dealer.

Another option, if you can find them, are Rainbow speakers. These have the same edge & in-your-face-ness as the Bostons, but they have more of a mid-bass 150hz pop to them. Tough speakers and can sound very good with minimal tweaking. If you're on more of a budget I'll let you in on a dirty little secret...the Image Dynamics components sound almost identical and cost a lot less. Want another secret? Alumapro components use the same x-over manufacturer as Rainbow, their mids sound better, they're more efficient, and you can choose between a soft dome or hard dome tweet. More expensive than the IDs though and I'm not sure if they're still in business. Haven't heard too much from them. If you find a dealer or you call them up, ask 'em if they still have the 6" add-a-woofer setup for their components to turn them into a 2x6.5 & 1" tweet 3-way set. Oh, Rainbow has the same thing too...

Hmmm...Focals can get down but are a bit smoother than the speakers I mentioned above. At least their higher end models are. The sub <$300 Focals are, IMO, nothing to write home about.

In the interest of full disclosure; I'm an SQ guy and have used ADS components on and off since I can remember and haven't had a system over 500w in almost a decade. So my opinion comes from a background of not having a lot of overpowering bass and liking super smooth "airy" sounding components.

I love my 4 sets of Kicker QS65.2 Components :D

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

No more than $200 per pair

DC SOUND LAB NUT HUGGER

Currently Own

2 - DC 5k

lvl 4 motor

lvl 2 motor

t3 6.5 comps ... 100wrms at 4ohms and not bad prices ... will match the t3 tsns :-)

Edited by michigancapri92

i had a set of the alpine type r's with neo mag's and they were very loud and could be heard over subs and good levels

Build in progress

Alpine CDEHD-138BT

Alpine SPX-17PRO 2x

Alpine SWS-15d2 2x

Alpine PDX-V9 2x

Alpine PDX-M12

Stinger SPC5050

Stinger 1/0ga and 4ga

Audioquest interconnects and Speaker wire

Dynomat 10455 mega bulk pak

Dynomat 1/8 and 1/4 liner

All that in a Reg cab truck and it wont be a blow though

I have two sets of Rockford Fosgate T1652-s components for my sound stage. I have just two of the 4 tweeters in use and they are mounted on my a pillar just above my dashboard, each door currently has one of the 6.5" component speakers in them (the back door im thinking to rip out since my rear seats are folded down until i remove them and you cant hear them at all) mine gets very loud and sounds crystal clear. I have them all running on my dc audio 175.4 amp. The tweeters operate at 4 ohms since i gave them their own channels and my mids operate at 2 ohms (i have the front and rear doors paired together per side) on their own channel. The tweeters just to warn you get super loud fast so you will have to turn down the gain on them quite a bit or they will kill your ears even though they are silk tweeters. I also am not using the passive crossovers they come with since it sucks a ton of power from the speakers and i didnt notice any difference in sound from them since i have a 3sixty.2 to control my sound.

They are rated for 100w rms at 4 ohms for each mid and the tweeters are 75w rms per tweeter.

I paid $340 shipped for both sets of them from CJ18 on here and they work great. I only blew one tweeter but it was 100% without a doubt my fault because i sent a little too much power to the tweeter and locked up the diaphragm on one of them but other than that i have been pounding on them and have had no problems.

edit: you can hear these loud and clear even over my single SMD 18" sub stage so theres no doubt you will be able to hear them over your sub setup.

Edited by kickass audio

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress