Please don't clutter up this thread unless you have first hand experience or knowledge, thanks.

So I showed the repair estimate to the parents of the kids that damaged my car. One parent kind of blew me off and said they'd look at the estimate and discuss it. The parent of the other kid looked at the estimate, said its too much, and wants to get her own estimate.

Here's my question. If I take it to claims court, "I" decide where the estimate and/or repair gets done, right? The one Mom thinks "she" gets to choose where to get the estimate; and from up to three places. Is it my choice or the defendants?

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Finally got through to my Dad, he's in law enforcement and always working. He said it is my choice, but I must get at least 3 estimates and the responsible party gets to choose which one to pay. Obviously, they'll choose the cheapest one. The system is sooooooo broken.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Had a kid f---up my mustang-1990-GT 3yrs ago thay keyed it and when it come down 2it thay take 3estimates and pay you the lowest of the 3 thats how the juge did it, still cost me $675.00 out of my pocket so just check your laws there b4 you let them f--- you over, And you have a nice car and a nice install going on 2.

damn,that sucks orionstang,didnt hear what happened but like mtnbike said go to the most expensive shops

2001 Black Monte Carlo SS chrome 20''

(1) Alpine i-9881 deck-ipod-

(2) DC lvl 4XL 18''s-Walled-

(1) DAT Hellfire - 2500.1-fused-

(1) D3400 XS Power battery-fused-

(2) CDT 6.5 comp

(X) pioneer 6x9 set

(1) RF T-400.4

(1) DC POWER ALT INSTALLED BY ROB FTW,Big3

(1) Viper 5901 Alarm + killer yorkies and chihuahas

[EdgarCervantes] 4:31 pm: im in my room and out of nowere i hear bass im like oh shit sombody has

bass in this city, i look out the window and its my mom bumping Gorilla Zoe

Finally got through to my Dad, he's in law enforcement and always working. He said it is my choice, but I must get at least 3 estimates and the responsible party gets to choose which one to pay. Obviously, they'll choose the cheapest one. The system is sooooooo broken.

Ken...I have a very good and incredibly qualified friend in Baldwin Park. Call Duran's Quality Paint, talk to Jess and tell her I sent you there. Explain the situation and that you don't want to get screwed with a lowball estimate from a shop that will do it halfass just to get the bid. She will most likely come in 10-15% cheaper for you so you can get it done right, and they'll do the work better than factory. Also, Mike Rios is there doing custom audio, and is a great friend to make. Not only a great all around guy, but an amazing fabricator. Call me and I'll get you hooked up there

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it