DC Sound Lab

Rusty Flowers is the EFFIN MAN! pics up

He said on fb, he couldn't get the Amps to turn on...

Lol. He should atleast show some pics :turkey:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

He said on fb, he couldn't get the Amps to turn on...

That means he has them, so should post pics, and why amps? I thought he was getting one "PROTO" Lol... :ttiwwop:

:werd_msword: . He's gettin called out... :peepwall:

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Rusty or rob step in?

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

Word from Rob is that he got 6 3.5ks. That is still a ton of power but definitely not a 22k proto. I mean seriously its not hard to do the math.

3500 x 6= 21000w + (250 x 4)= 22000w. Lots of power but lets see it get installed with the proper electrical to back it up. I would venture to say it would need 8 D3100s and Dual alts.

Saw him post on fb about the amps he tried when he was trouble shooting, said a 175.4 and 3.5kS

either way that's a ton of power and pulled sbunch of our legs haha

2014 Chevy Silverado Crewcab

1994 Chevy Full Size blazer

Word from Rob is that he got 6 3.5ks. That is still a ton of power but definitely not a 22k proto. I mean seriously its not hard to do the math.

3500 x 6= 21000w + (250 x 4)= 22000w. Lots of power but lets see it get installed with the proper electrical to back it up. I would venture to say it would need 8 D3100s and Dual alts.

I'm gonna play the devils advocate here, and ask why he would need 8 3100's??? Arent each 3100 rated for 5Kw?

Reason 1) I like overkill

2) To the best of my knowledge he does not have dual alts unless he has recently added that to his truck. Even with dual alts, voltage drop will be quite significant without a fairly large battery bank. From my experience running 10k on 8 D3400s and 1 270a alt dedicated to the battery bank, I had voltage drop down into the high 12s to low 13s when playing music full tilt. Now consider running 22k, I would want the overhead of the extra battery power to allow me to keep my voltage higher for longer. This would be a different argument if the F150s could handle a quad alt setup properly like the GM vehicles can.