Sonic Electronix

soo i was wondering what the differencer between putting the tweeter on axis and off axis? how do you know if they are on axis or not? I was thinkibg of putting them in the triangle part of the door close to the sideview mirror

Shakin not Stirred....my buildhttp://www.stevemead...ngle-cab-build/412 CVX

And put a sealed enclosure in your trunk cut a hole in your deck and call it ported :lol2:

It depends if they are coaxial speakers or component speakers. Component speakers have separate tweeters while coaxials have tweeters in the center of the bigger speaker.

ForumAvatarcopy.jpg

2011 Honda CR-Z Mugen

12" Kicker SoloX Subwoofer

Rockford Fosgate t20001bd

Pioneer AVIC-X930BT Head Unit

Build Log

DRauk..

Thats not what on and off axis means, please if you dont fully understand what you are talking about then dont try to explain it.

To the op.

On axis means that the middle of the cone is pointing at your head, off axis means everywhere else.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Also to add to what kirill said, on axis means that the positive terminal of your tweeter is connected to the positive wire of your speaker cable. Now if it was off axis, that would mean that your tweeters positive terminal would be wired to the negative speaker cable. I cant remember where i found on here but its like a phase switch, if its set to ON, then everything is wired up like normal, positive to positive, negative to negative. Now if it was set to OFF, it would make the positive connect to the negative, and the negative to the positive.

Theoretically if you didnt use the crossovers they give you with your speaker set, you can adjust the axis yourself by just switching how your tweeter is hooked up. Like i mentioned previously, if you just switch the wires around so that the positive wire coming from your amp is connected to the negative lead off your tweeter, then take the negative wire coming from your amp and connect it to the positive lead of your tweeter that would be OFF axis or out of phase. Now if you wired them so that the positive wire coming from your amp is connected to the positive lead off your tweeter, and the negative speaker wire from the amp is connected to the negative lead of your tweeter then it would be ON axis or in phase.

I really dont know what the difference is with this other than the polarity that the speaker will travel when music plays through it. I was messing with my tweeters when i put them in with the on and off axis and never heard any difference but i set it to off axis since my tweeters are not aimed to my ears (they are in the A pillar mounted straight to the other side of the truck).

So to sum it up, if your speakers are pointed to your ears, then set it to ON for the axis switch. If the speakers are not pointing to your ears, then set the axis switch to OFF.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress