Sonic Electronix

What would be the best amp for 2 alpine type-r 15's dual 2 ohm. I want a bass knob and it to be somewhat affordable. Each sub is rated for 750w RMS. 0 gauge input would be a bonus too. Thanks

Edited by Amart88

I would look for something around 2000 watts. DC, AQ,Cresendo, or whatever else you find.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

if they're dual 2 ohms, you can only wire them to .5 ohm, or 4 ohms. finding an amp that puts out that power at 4 ohms isnt likely, and running a .5 ohm load should be left to the pro's. you could run 2 separate amps (1 per sub@2 ohms)

If Morgan Freeman narrated a story on how great AIDS is, I would be captivated and tempted to contract it myself. His voice just fills my soul with warm fuzzies and puppy tears.

He has NO idea and may have a touch of autism to be honest.

Is this guy real or is he joking? i actually mistook him for a lesbian in that demo video

Wanted to mess around with a box for the garage. Was thinking 4 6x9 in 4 cube at like 30 hz...

These are the things that make me lol

if they're dual 2 ohms, you can only wire them to .5 ohm, or 4 ohms. finding an amp that puts out that power at 4 ohms isnt likely, and running a .5 ohm load should be left to the pro's. you could run 2 separate amps (1 per sub@2 ohms)

... is there anyway to wire them to 1 ohm? and is it a mono block amp or a 2 channel?

Look into a PAC LC1 and buy whatever amp you want.

There is no way to wire two dual two subwoofers to a 1 ohm load. You could also get two 1000 watt amps that are strappable.

is strappable even a word? lol

EDIT: I'm an idiot. Alpine makes a 2000 watt amplfier that makes its power at 2 ohms. Most kicker amps do too.

Edited by BJD3

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Can also be 2 ohms

so would 2 ohms be the best option? and also when I"m looking at these amps it says ####watts @ 2 ohm X 1 channel. Does this mean 1500 watts on one channel is split into both subs? because its a mono amp