blownengine Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 Alright, I waited a little bit to tell him. But I just did. Mom definitely made me think he was going to over-react. But in reality, as I told him, he had one of those "about time" smirks on his face, and then gave me the standard "you know better than this" bullcrap. Definitely not how I thought it was gonna go down. Now I get to deal with court... Maybe they'll let me go. That would be nice. So far in this situation, everything is turning out to not as bad as I'm making them out to be. So, then I'm going to assume court is gonna fuck me over, maybe that will make them let me go. Thats the exact same responce my Dad gave me! They assumed I would get one. They just didnt think it would be for going quite so fast 2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA Big 3 with Yellow Top 15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)
SnowDrifter Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 What sucks is that I turn 18 in like 3 weeks. But, nope, since I'm under 18 for the offense, they have to come with me to court. I turn 18 a week before the court date. And I know they won't let me put a system in the truck either. No "privileges," I only get the vehicle I NEED to get to class. That sucks, I'm sorry to hear that. Dealing with anything with parents involved in nerveracking. I can't say I can help you out though, I turned 17 a couple months ago and still have a clean driving record. Like what has been said before, get a decent lawyer and try to fight your way through it. If not, grit your teeth, fight through it. Life moves on. ~~~~~~~~SAY NO TO PHOTOBUCKET~~~~~~~~ Snow's DD-1 tracks here: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167433-snows-dd-1-tracks/ My take on OFC vs CCA: https://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/110381-things-that-piss-you-off-in-the-car-audio-world/?do=findComment&comment=2461444
LongHairDontCare Posted August 12, 2011 Report Posted August 12, 2011 read this, you might be able to get out of the ticket - http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2FwgRq/blog.motorists.org/fight-your-speeding-ticket-with-simple-math/ GeekSquad Lead Autotech MECP Advanced Certified Installer 2016 Ford Mustang S550Stock system for now..
inm Posted September 21, 2011 Author Report Posted September 21, 2011 Went to court. Got out in like 5 minutes. Driving school, restricted license for a month, charges are dropped once driving school is done. w00t On 2/28/2013 at 2:52 PM, Chaise said: "Now spread your butt cheeks so I can zap your asshole."
Hitman813 Posted September 22, 2011 Report Posted September 22, 2011 gotta love speeding tickets lol pay them do the class and try not gettin caught next time
bigaltexas Posted September 22, 2011 Report Posted September 22, 2011 NVM. only read 1st page and half of the 2nd.
Dan2427 Posted September 22, 2011 Report Posted September 22, 2011 Congrats. My first ticket I got was 119 in a 30. The one cop in my town saw it and knew who I was so he met me at my house and talked to me. Let me off with 60 in a 30, went to court paid the court surcharges for 50 dropped the ticket fine and lost my license for 10 days. I was lucky only had one speeding ticket since. Which was dumb but all my fault. My girlfriends car wouldn't start so I was comin in hot at 78 in a 55 with jumper cables and tools to tighten the battery terminals, it was like -5 and winter here so that's the only reason I was rushing to get there lol. Now I've pulled my driving record up and have 14 tint tickets at 130 a piece and 2 careless 1 wreckless and 2 exhibition, a couple no front plate and 2 random equipment violations for unable to see license plate, and tint tail lights. All by one trooper who I smart mouthed once. Too be young again all the shit I would change. 2003 GMC Yukon Denali Alpine CDA 117 Redoing Mids/Highs 4 Runs of 1/0 Knukonceptz 2+, 2- 4 Deka 9A31's in back (Stock underhood) 250 amp Alt. AQ20K 2 18" Crossfire XS V.2's 12 cubes 33hz 149sq inches of port!
LoudBurp Posted September 22, 2011 Report Posted September 22, 2011 Feel lucky my friend. I had 4 speeding tickets, 2 seatbelts, and driving w/o a licence or motorcycle endorsement, all before I turned 18. My licence was revoked 3 times and I have to carry a SR-22 till I almost 23. (luckily thats only 1.5 yrs from now) Best of Luck and Cheers! There is a point of diminishing returns on the amount of equipment installed, kinda like throwing money out a window.
vettedude102 Posted September 24, 2011 Report Posted September 24, 2011 My first ticket was 53 in 35. $101 ticket. Didn't hafta go to court. This one time this honda wanted to race while we were riding down the road, and I was about to punch it and like two seconds before I did out from the woods some headlights came on. The cop pulled the other guy over. Got so lucky that night. Good luck 2 polk audio 4x6'skenwood head-unit 220 amp Mechman alt1979 Corvette 2003 corvette z06 alpine radio and the bose system that came stock
vibrator Posted September 24, 2011 Report Posted September 24, 2011 had 2 fucked up experiences like that, one time was going 175km/h from lights ,cop was sitting at next lights we turned and laughed at him because he was dancing to music, second wasn't too bad but we all had fireworks and was shooting them out of the car ,car comes up behinds us and just as he was passing us he turned on his lights and sped off (we were all pissed) Henry Ford once received a letter from a depression-era bank robber responsible for the deaths of several law enforcement officers, killed in their attempt to stop him as he fled the crime scene. In his letter, he thanked Mr. Ford for making his Model A Ford such a good getaway car.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.