Sundown Audio

Having A Protect Problem

TheInfamousImpala

good luck. hopefully its a simple fix.

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

this has already been mentioned but just to be clear, when the power wire goes into the amp sometimes there will be one tiny little errant piece of wire sticking out sideways.. check for that. Also check the bolts on the fuse holder... ive seen the cheap ones get loose easy. also check the terminal connections some people just hammer them or poorly solder them and if you bend or twist em enough you can get them loose. somethings loose or theres a short

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

Not a problem at all bro. SMD community is always here to help out. Its def a good thing the amp is ok and still in good condition all the way around. Jeep us updated on what you find with the power wire. Hope its simple and nothing major. Best of luck to you though

- 1997 Chevy Tahoe- Big 3 (1/0)- Dual Autocraft Batts- JVC KD-A315 HU- AQ 2200.1D- 18" AQ HDC3- Box w/ Removable Port (6ft^3 @ 36hz & 6.7ft^3 @ 42hz)- 39' 1/0 & 13' 2/0 Flex-A-Prene

My Selling Feedback

Build Log

Not a problem at all bro. SMD community is always here to help out. Its def a good thing the amp is ok and still in good condition all the way around. Jeep us updated on what you find with the power wire. Hope its simple and nothing major. Best of luck to you though

Preciate it and thats y I joined...And Im almost finished I will have results in the next 10 mins

2003 Impala LS

"Under Reconstruction"

not to thread jack or nothin, but i would definatly check where the positive goes through the firewall if it does. you could end up like me. i had mine going through the firewall in my old chevy 1500 and the grommet wore down, and the metal started cutting the insulation and my truck caught fire. dunno if the fuse popped or what, but this is what i was left with.

4ebd4b77.jpg

b9ef9ac9.jpg

d8c5e57a.jpg

1478fc09.jpg

i dont want to see this happen to anyone. so until you have throughly gone over your positive i would pull the fuse out until you are 500% sure the insulation is intact.

/threadjack

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Haven't looked through whole thread but bad rca cables can do it as well

Kenwood KIV-BT900

Front Stage

RF 400-4 Runs off dedicated 4 awg ofc

RE 6.5 125.5.

Lanzar Max Pro 6.5

Boston S60 6.5 components

Rear

Soundstream BX-15