Sundown Audio

Infrasonic filters, this sucks ! What to do ???

Fish Chris

Okay, so with my newest box build, it will have adjustable tuning, and I was thinking I would tune the lower tune for 25hz.....

Then, I just read that my Power 1000 5 ch amp, has > Infrasonic filter: 28Hz fixed.... 28hz ? WTF ? I could see maybe 20hz.... or heck, even as high as 24hz... but 28 ??? :(

So, is their some other way I could protect my subs from say 20hz and down, while just turning the built in infrasonic filter "off" ??? (A reasonable, inexpensive way of course).

I was really hoping for a low frequency beast.... and the "funnest part" is 24hz to 28hz ! The last thing I want, is to filter that out !!!! Urgggg...

Fish

an eq probably.

But after the eq it still goes to the amp and the amp will override the eq. I think you are just screwed with that amp. Why tune so low? What gear are you running?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

If the EQ is before the amp then the amp cant over-ride the EQ. The EQ modifies the signal the amp gets.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Get a pre-amp crossover or line driver with an adjustable subsonic filter, that's about all you can really do.

Edit: My bad, I thought you could turn it off. At what you are looking at doing, get a different amp. 5 channels are cool but they are way too damn finicky. I'd just go with a separate 4 channel and a mono amp.

Edited by Autruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

you would probably have to take your amp to a technician to have it bypassed then run external eq like a audiocontrol trunk mount or something thats what i did I had a old school soundtream rubicon it was a class a/b amp it had a filters for bass frequencys and i wanted to use it for my mids and highs so i had it bypassed because there was no way to shut it off plus the tech was my buddy i dont know if techs will do that for costumers

But since the amp is the last link in the chain it will always cut it off at 28 hertz. Even if the eq or anything cuts off at 20.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

an eq probably.

:No: That's a terrible idea. You could wind up clipping the low frequency range off before it even gets to the amp by trying to boost it to compensate for the filter. If you clip the signal at the EQ then it will still be clipped at the amp, even after it goes through the SSF. If you don't start with a clean wave you cannot end with a clean wave.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want