Camaro SS vs Dodge Challenger SRT-8 vs Mustang Shelby vs ???

so I have a client that wants to import a car from the US (I help people with this from time to time, my last two trucks were also imported from US for example)...He wants something that looks good, is superfast and can handle decently while not being a superexotic with hard to get parts and special service requirements. His last two rides - a Porsche Cayenne turbo and a 4.6 x5 bimmer - looked, drove and handled great, but the maintenece on them is through the roof here..... I swayed him over to consider american iron, and him having fond memories of his GMC Typhoon from back in the days, helped the cause

so, we are looking at 2009s - they actually have to be with build dates prior to 09\2008 according to the sticker\Title.... this may be kinda tricky with the 2010 Camaros (but these were likely sold in 2009, right?)..this is customs related

out of the three the Shelby gt500\Cobra mustang with the supecharged 5.4 has the most power - 540 vs 420-430 of the SS and SRT-8 ....the downside - latemodel mustangs with the 4.0 and 4.6 engines are fairly common here, most of the decked out with rims and exhaust so not many will know you're driving the top of the heap mustang with the gt-car engine..... there's like a hanfull of camaro's though and i have only seen one challenger so far.... so the wow factor is in the favor of the chevy and dodge..... plus the prices for the ford look to be in the 30-50k range (much like the supercharged cts-v) while the challenger and camaro ar more like low 20's to 30k.... and since we are looking at around 30k in customs fees to get any of these into Russia the purchase price in US should really be under 30k to fit the budget...25k would be perfect....and the extra money could be used to fit a supercharger and even up the HP figures

anyone drive any of them to have any idea how they handle? how's the interior? any decent reviews on line for the three?

what's the performance like?

anything else under 30k and made in 2008-2009 that's worth a closer look?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 - Deep Orange

Build log - Blowthrought with 4 18's http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/122600-4-18s-in-a-dodge-ram-team-sundown-russia/

Sundown Audio SAX125.2 - Sundown PA 10"

Shok-wiring & RCA's

XS Power D6500

Mechman 320A

Sundown Audio Russia

http://sundownaudio....dex.php?/index

http://www.drive2.ru...ram/ram/skillz/ - more about my truck

http://www.youtube.com/user/Gskillz81

Whats more important to your friend? Performance or originality. The Shelby destroys the Dodge and Chevy, but I doubt you'd find a REAL Shelby under 30k. Also, it is easy to distinguish between a Mustang GT and GT500. Wheels, stance, body features, and markings. I haven't driven the Camaro or SRT-8, but my Mustang (2010) handles fawking great. Drift, legit road racing, drag, high speed autobahn runs (I had it in Germany for a year), whatever.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Car & Driver I believe did a test between the 3 cars (Mustang Gt nit GT500) and the Camaro SS came out as the better overall car. But I've never driven any of the 3 cars so I don't know first hand.

If price point is at or around $30k then the Camaro SS is just about your only option. IIRC the Camaro SS is at like $35k, the Challenger is at about $50k, and the Shelby GT500 should be at about $50k also.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Car & Driver I believe did a test between the 3 cars (Mustang Gt nit GT500) and the Camaro SS came out as the better overall car. But I've never driven any of the 3 cars so I don't know first hand.

If price point is at or around $30k then the Camaro SS is just about your only option. IIRC the Camaro SS is at like $35k, the Challenger is at about $50k, and the Shelby GT500 should be at about $50k also.

Those are new prices aren't they? He's looking for a pre '09. Might be able to find any of them under 30k.

I'm all about MOPAR so I say the Challenger.

so I have a client that wants to import a car from the US (I help people with this from time to time, my last two trucks were also imported from US for example)...He wants something that looks good, is superfast and can handle decently while not being a superexotic with hard to get parts and special service requirements. His last two rides - a Porsche Cayenne turbo and a 4.6 x5 bimmer - looked, drove and handled great, but the maintenece on them is through the roof here..... I swayed him over to consider american iron, and him having fond memories of his GMC Typhoon from back in the days, helped the cause

so, we are looking at 2009s - they actually have to be with build dates prior to 09\2008 according to the sticker\Title.... this may be kinda tricky with the 2010 Camaros (but these were likely sold in 2009, right?)..this is customs related

out of the three the Shelby gt500\Cobra mustang with the supecharged 5.4 has the most power - 540 vs 420-430 of the SS and SRT-8 ....the downside - latemodel mustangs with the 4.0 and 4.6 engines are fairly common here, most of the decked out with rims and exhaust so not many will know you're driving the top of the heap mustang with the gt-car engine..... there's like a hanfull of camaro's though and i have only seen one challenger so far.... so the wow factor is in the favor of the chevy and dodge..... plus the prices for the ford look to be in the 30-50k range (much like the supercharged cts-v) while the challenger and camaro ar more like low 20's to 30k.... and since we are looking at around 30k in customs fees to get any of these into Russia the purchase price in US should really be under 30k to fit the budget...25k would be perfect....and the extra money could be used to fit a supercharger and even up the HP figures

anyone drive any of them to have any idea how they handle? how's the interior? any decent reviews on line for the three?

what's the performance like?

anything else under 30k and made in 2008-2009 that's worth a closer look?

God damn :o aint that a bitch.

IMO I think the camarro SS looks the best and I doubt they have many of them in russia.

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Those are new prices aren't they? He's looking for a pre '09. Might be able to find any of them under 30k.

I'm all about MOPAR so I say the Challenger.

Oh no shit huh. I had forgot about that.

Well then in that case the 2 higher priced cars might be able to be had for $30-$40k and the Camaro should be in the low to mid $20ks.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k