The Difference..

NDMstang65

I have been a Fi customer, and a "other company" customer, and from a build standpoint, Fi makes a very solid product.

Now if you are saying hey support the good ol' US of A by buying Fi products, I understand that.

If you are implying products parts machined in other countries are inferior to USA products, that may not be true. In mass production quality may suffer, but when " other companies" wait for product in small quantities, those parts are generally just as good quality.

Out of country manufacturing must be TOP notch for "other companies" or the product would not be proven like it is. Customers buy certain brands not for their proven performance. Oddly, most of the FTMFW win crowd DO NOT own high end product. They are just dreamers and forum trolls....

Now that said, Fi is a very solid, test proven, durable product. But mistakes are made in any process American made or not.

I'm not advocating for any brand, and I would wait again and run Fi products easily.

But overseas machining has come a LONG way. I have seen some of these shops directly through business I have done while overseas. They aren't the small archaic sweat shops of days of old....

Now if Fi really wanted to play the patriot role, buy the equipment or outsource the basket making to right here in the good ol' US of A. Raise customer pricing, you could put 100% made and assembled in the USA! But we all know in the age of Walmart etc, the patriot approach generally doesn't sell more product as compared to better pricing options.

Just something to think about. So before I get a snarky response from Nick, I'm not downing Fi at all. I'm just bringing up a thought for people to ponder.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Let me state this:

If this becomes a pissing match I will start dropping nukes on every single one of you.

=@

This is a very informative thread, for those of you who can read but are unable to comprehend wtf is said in the original post, thou no needs to post anymore

:ninja:

:popcorn:

When your at the top everyone is coming for you, friends, family, haters and even those who don't know you.. my advice.. KILL EM ALL

Ninj'd

These pics are awesome man. Fi customer and enthusiasts in general love to see stuff like this.

In to see more !

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

Thats pretty beast, being to able to say you make all your own gear :drinks:

i shook this one kids hand and it just folded in mine. long story short i fucked his girlfriendso.. yeah..

You want this to happen to you? Give decent handshakes people.

I was gifted with an innate ability to distribute wholesale ass beatings in a timely and orderly fashion.

Let me state this:

If this becomes a pissing match I will start dropping nukes on every single one of you.

=@

This is a very informative thread, for those of you who can read but are unable to comprehend wtf is said in the original post, thou no needs to post anymore

:ninja:

:popcorn:

If that's aimed at me it was def not meant to be a pissing match. I didn't say anything offensive toward anyone, including Fi.

I actually own Fi product lol.

did he just compair an idiotPad to a fi sub?

and apple isn't mass produced? have you seen the inside of the damn apple manufacturing plant?

here let me help you with that.

Pg-02-splash-inside_381255t.jpg

edit: guess the post i'm refering to got changed/deleted.

Here's the thing though, we used to purchase our forgings from China. Already been there, done that..many moons ago..with previous companies and businesses. I already know what that's about.

Lead times went from 30..to 250 days for them to make the parts. Whenever we would get a new part made and wait for it we would always have to wonder if it was going to be messed up. That's just raw steel..that's not a complete speaker. The 18" 12 spoke basket that we use is made right here, so on that speaker it means the only thing that we are importing is the ferrite/neo magnet itself, and the terminal. Everything else is from here.

Yes, it is cheaper to purchase things from there. However, you have to worry about it being messed up which happens a great deal.

The point of this is to shed a bit of light on to the concept of asking where your money is going, not just for a speaker, but other products that you purchase as well..and why would you pay more money for something that costs significantly less to produce and sends a great deal of your money out of your own economy? Because you feel good that you are padding the middle man's wallet from the overseas manufacturer that he marks up 300-400% on and does absolutely nothing other then re-box it? Ah yes, the typical American style of I do nothing but pay me well for it anyhow adage.

If you can pay the same amount...or possibly even a little less for something that is truly made here or grown here for that matter and the money stays in your own village..why wouldn't you do that? I know that I support all of my local farmers and co-op's by buying the fruits and veggies locally and not at a grocery store. Because it is better for me, yeah it costs more (and I pay it happily)..but I know that farmer John grew this on his farm 5 miles down the road from me. There are no pesticides in it, there's nothing bad for my body in there, and that's how he makes his living.

Take it for what it's worth...it's just a 'check this out and think about it rationally' concept.

:clapping:

Authorized Ascendant Audio Dealer! Message me for information.

If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough -Albert Einstein

"I have a plausible excuse for not liking you. And you know why."

Archived