2 way active vs 3 way active?

tonedeaf

The main advantage with a 3-way is having a dedicated midrange that handles the majority of the vocal range, instead of having you normal 6.5/tweeter setup that puts the crossover points in the higher vocal range. Find a 4" midrange that can play 250-5k and you're golden.

Ryan Miskin - owner of RAM Designs

I have my PM's turned off, please email at <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

2200+ designs since March 2011...

While I do agree that a properly set up 3 way is the way to go, keep in mind that with the more drivers you add, the more difficult it is to get your front stage to sound right.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Yup.

But it b loUd lIkE whoaa!!

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Loud sound quality is what I'm shooting for. I'm thinking 6 6x9s in each door. :nea:

And kingsuv I understand that, so I've considered a single mid in each door...but I always seem to want to go back to two mids. My plan for three way was the 2 mids/2tweets each door with the 4" mids in a pillars or doors. How would 2 mids in doors and 1 tweet/midrange in pillars do? Need opinions that aren't mine, because mine are probably wrong. Lol

Mid basses in door and mid/tweet on pillar sound good.

I have everything in my door in the burb.

With processing it stages high center of dash.

Without processing id do mid tweet on pillar

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Mid basses in door and mid/tweet on pillar sound good.

I have everything in my door in the burb.

With processing it stages high center of dash.

Without processing id do mid tweet on pillar

It wil have processing with the 9887 for maybe a month till I pickup the bit ten. So since it will have processing, keep it all in the door? Or since mid tweet in pillar might simply be easier, will it still be fine with processing if yet are put in the pillars? :lol: :confusedoutofmindkindasorta:

Processing can band-aid anything.

Put them where they fit and tune it out.

So I asked in another thread and want opinions on the 3 way setup:

2 Hertz hsk165 midbass, soon moving to hsk165xls

Ml 700 3" midrange

Ml28 or ht28 tweets

I have a Zuki audio 4 channel that puts out something like 150-200 watts per channel. Should I run all the midbass on this on their own channel or what would be best? Should I get another 4 channel amp or a 2 channel?

• 3 months later...

I've looked at this a tad and am not sure what I want to go. I've seen a ton of sq guys use both...just mainly personal preferece? What do you prefer and why?

Looking for a mean frontstage...have a set of hertz hsk165 and was just told they might be nice knockoffs. (got them off eBay for like $130 so not out too much money. Will probably be using a audison bit ten for the processor and am considering new mids/tweets. I have the chance to get a nice set of Mille midrange if I wanted to go 3 way, just waiting on the cash. As for the hertz, should I get another set of the hertz mods tweets like I planned or are these likely knockoffs? What mid/tweet setup (or 3way) would you guys suggest looking into. I'm not looking to win sq comps or anything, just looking for a killer fronstage that isn't totally overthrown by my wall when I start the build for it.

Your picture is damned offensive.

Archived